Chapter 16

Only one hour left before we get to Mystic Falls. We left at 8 o'clock that morning to head to an airport since driving would take too long. None of us wanted to be stuck in a car for 13 plus hours. So we opted for a two hour flight, I ended up compelling our seats. Henry was excited, he couldn't stop asking questions which I tried to answer to the best of my ability. Killian was a nervous wreck flying, so I gave something to help him sleep. Some lavender and chamomile tea with a little bit of spellwork mixed in to help him relax. It seemed to work because he slept the entire flight. Now this one hour drive has been one of the longest hours of my life. "Rowena!"Regina shouted. "Yes?"I asked. "Where are we staying? An inn?"She asked. "No, there's no inn here, you'll be staying at the Salvatore Boarding House"I stated. "What? As in Uncle Damon"Emma asked looking back at me. "Yes, take the next right. The boarding house is on the outskirts of the town"I explained. "Uncle Damon? I thought you only had four brothers, I don't remember you mentioning a Damon?"Regina asked. "Damon is my brother in everything, but blood. He saved my life"I stated. "Really? How?"Henry asked. "It's a long and...complicated story, but to keep it short he uh...he pulled me from a fire"I stated.

Arriving at the house I noticed Damon's car out front. It was unmistakable, the 1969 sky blue Chevy Camaro. "This is where we're staying?"Henry asked excitedly. I nodded laughing. We all climbed out of the car, but none of us made a move to the door. "Well aren't you going to knock, he's your friend right"Regina asked. I sighed making my way towards the door, I could feel the barrier at the door. Someone new owns this house, but clearly Damon is still here. That's his car and I can hear him talking inside. I knocked three times on the door causing the talking to cease. "Who could that be?"Asked a girl. She sounded familiar...she sounded like Katherine. Did he abandon my daughter for that deceiver? "I'll get it"I heard him say. The door opened and I narrowed my eyes on the man. "W-what?"He stuttered. I couldn't bring myself to even mutter a hello instead I clenched my fist and slammed it square in his jaw.

"Mom!"
"Rowena!"
"Grandma Ro!"

The look of shock and pain on Damon's face was only slightly satisfying. He knew why I had done and he knew he was getting off easy. "What the hell was that? I thought you said he was like a brother to you!"Regina shouted. "He is, but he also abandoned my daughter and if he doesn't tell my why well... he's going to end with more than a broken jaw"I exclaimed tilting my head. He popped his jaw into place just as two others came around the corner. I recognized both, Damon's younger ripper brother Stefan and the newest doppelgänger. The girl was human, I could hear her heart which means she's not Katherine. "Just who the hell are you?"The girl shouted pointing a finger at me. "An old friend"Damon stated. "Well are you going to start talking or shall I punch you again"I snapped crossing my arms. He quickly held his hands up in surrender. "I had no-they gave me no choice. The damn ancestors sent a group of witches, they were going to take her"He explained. "Why? Why would they want her?"I asked. "They thought I'd hurt her and since they tracked her through me, I decided to let her go"He said. Ayana was watching over Emma, I sent her myself. Someone else must've sent those witches and I'm guessing I know who. What is that witch up to? "I could use a drink"I stated. "Elena, invite her in"Damon said. So that's the doppelgänger's name. "I will not, I don't even know who she is and she just punched you for no reason. She's probably working for Klaus!"Elena argued. I sighed raising a hand and forcing her to walk forward. "W-what the hell? Something's pulling me!"Elena exclaimed causing Stefan to grab a hold of her. He was trying to pull her back. I stopped and she fell into him. "Look I'm not here to cause you trouble doppelgänger, I could care less about you. I'm only here to fix things with my family"I told her. "I'm not inviting you in"She said firmly. "Elena stop being a brat"Damon said. "Why don't we just go in? Why do you need a invite?"Regina asked. "Because I'm a vampire"I reminded. I looked back at the now fuming Elena. I snapped my fingers and her face went blank. "You can come in"She said monotoned. I smirked entering the house with the others following behind me.