𝙈𝙚𝙣𝙖𝙘𝙚 𝙏𝙤 𝙈𝙚

Simoné's POV

    Despite my concerns with last nights unfinished business, my daily five a.m drill went by like a breeze, just like any other morning. At this hour of the day, it was always lonely and still dim outside, but it was a calming ambiance that  I grew to love. I don't even bother to turn on any of the lights in the house , aside from the ones in the kitchen where I regularly go in to make my coffee. As I leaned against the counter, watching the brewing of the black liquid, my thoughts traced back to Cianni.

I usually never dwell on yesterday's news, but she was whom I was concerned about. I wasn't sure about what went on up in that room when she was with kyle, but she was livid with me. And if I wasn't mishearing, he said that it was his fault? Kyle is one of my best workers, so I trusted that he wouldn't do anything stupid to lose his job. But I wanted to hear her side first, whenever she's ready to talk, of course.

Kyle has been working for me for about five years now and it'd be pretty unfortunate for him if I found out he's done some sleazy shit, when I most relied on him. Cianni was new to all of this and was surely scared half to death during last nights occurrences. I'd like to think that he was responsible enough to keep her calm and taken care of , as that was his only job last night.

Nevertheless, she really hadn't spoken a word to me after that, except to tell me to sleep in my own room. It made chuckle a little at the thought of how we already portrayed the typical married couple. The man would always do something completely forgivable at an outing, then have to sleep on the couch or some shit when they get home. The only real difference is, we're not a couple. And most certainly not married. It was way too soon to tell, but there were still some strong mutual feelings there.

Lately, I've been having to ask myself, what would I want with a homeless woman off the street? It's a bit shallow to question, but it was never about the money for me, anyway. I grew up with big dreams to spoil those I valued most, regardless of their financial circumstances. When I was younger, I always mentioned how I wanted to buy my paps a mansion someday.  I was once in a position like Cianni's, not exactly as bad as hers, but close enough. Our income was low to almost non-existent when mom left. Perhaps, that was where the dreams came from, though. From our lack of fortune. I wanted to turn a new leaf as an adult and impress everyone I knew. Little did I know, my success would be such a threat to those I thought wanted to see me win. Did I give a damn? Fuck, no. I was doing something I knew would make paps proud and I don't regret any second of it. Life goes the fuck on.

Once my coffee was finished, I was stirring in a little cream as the sound of tiny footsteps grabbed my attention. I took a small sip of my coffee as the petite figure finally came into view. It was her. She was in a robe and by the looks of her grumpy expression and bed hair, it didn't seem like she enjoyed her sleep very much.
When she spotted me, she stopped right in her tracks and for a second, looked like she wanted to start back up the steps, but she didn't. Stiff bodied, she continued down the steps and made her way into the kitchen, walking right past me to the fridge.

"Good morning", I broke silence as my eyes followed her every move. Still ignoring me, she was scanning around for something in the fridge. I see she learned the code. I could only assume Lilian gave it to her.

I reached over her and closed the fridge back shut, making her jump and freeze from the suddenness. Her back was still to me as she watched my strong grip on the fridge door handle.

"Acknowledge me first, before you go helping yourself to something in my kitchen." I muttered from behind her. My gaze was fixated on the smooth complexion of her neck to her chest and so badly, I wondered what it would feel like against my lips. I observed her body tense up, along with the small lump that suddenly formed her throat. There was no denying the physical effect I have on her, but for the time being, I'll play naive to it.