𝙇𝙪𝙘𝙠𝙮 𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙢𝙨

The next morning, I was laid out in bed like a starfish with my mouth hung wide open. Fresh saliva was streaming down the corner of my lips and my messy bed hair was blocking half my face. I huffed it away.

Wait-

I patted the side where Simoné slept and cuddled me into heavenly peace, but it was empty.

Oh, she's one of those..

I sat up slowly and noticed a small note on the dresser, along with a pretty little pink rose. Smiling to myself, I picked up the rose and the note, reading it silently.

'Good morning, gorgeous. I hope you slept well last night. I'm not home at the moment because I had some business to take care of, but I'll be back soon to take you out for some lunch. Please don't be scared to help yourself to anything in the kitchen. What's mine is yours. If you need anything else, call me from the house phone or Lilian will be around to assist you. See you soon, darling.'

~S

I sat back and sighed to myself like those little hopeless romantic school girls in the 80s movies. Why is she so charming? I'm talking more chivalry than any man I've even witnessed before.

I yawned and stood up from the bed, my feet coming in contact with the cold floor.
Anyway, why am I even questioning this? She's been married before, so she's far more experienced than me. I remember she told me that she's divorced, so that makes sense too. The real question is, how many times.

Or what if the person she told me about last night was the one she divorced? Hm..

I made my way into the bathroom to brush my teeth and all that good stuff. How good it feels to have an actual morning routine after so many months. I'm so used to waking up to stray cats chewing at my hair or having to find half empty water bottles to wash my face with.

After I was done my business in the bathroom, I went downstairs and made my way into the kitchen. I wasn't starving much for right now, but something small will do until simone and I go to lunch. Perhaps some cereal. Only one problem. I couldn't find any.

Hm, maybe she's not a cereal person.

I tried opening the fridge to see if I could find something different, but it was locked?
I looked up to see a code box and frowned.

"What the fu-

"Need help, dear?"

I jumped at the voice, but sighed in relief when I saw Lilian, coming down the stairs in her uniform.

That lady should really announce herself in better ways.

"You startled me." I giggled at Lilian's amused face.

"You're awfully jumpy, this morning." She giggled. "For a second there, I would've thought you were guilty of something." she winked, but I didn't really know what she was getting at with that comment.

I just smiled. "I'm sorry, I was just looking for something small to eat."

"No worries, hun. What would you like this morning?" She smiled, entering the kitchen.

"I did want cereal but I couldn't find any."

"Ohh I see." She opened up the marbled top cabinets and my eyes went wide. There were a variety of different flavors. Some I've never even heard of before, but would like to try.
"The boss likes to keep her cereals in the cabinet. She says that cereal on top of the fridge attracts pests."

"Ohhhh." I guess she wasn't wrong.

"What kind would you like?"

"Um..that one..in the middle with the little colorful shapes." I pointed.