Failed quest

A/N; Another request, I don't have much motivation to write atm unless I have requests so please leave some :)

Will and Travis arrived back at camp. Heads hanging low as they silently walked past the crowds of half bloods watching them awkwardly. The two looked terrified approaching the group of Ares kids in front of cabin 5. Everyone knew exactly what had happened, unfortunately it wasn't an uncommon occurrence. Will tapped the head camper from cabin 5 on the shoulder, flinching as her gaze met his. She looked at the two, confused at first then ready to kill them. Travis held out a silver chain with a small piece of rose quartz carved into an arrow head. She took the necklace from his hand, gently caressing the crystal.

"She wanted you to have it. We're so sorry." Will mumbled, waiting for some type of reaction from Clarisse. There was a few minutes of awkward silence before she stood up, pocketing the necklace before grabbing both of them by the collars of their shirts.

"Are you two punks joking! You let her die. How stupid could you possibly be. You had one job, keep her safe. How hard is that? I've been doing it for years but you two screw it up the first chance you get. Give me one good reason I shouldn't trade both of you for her with Hades himself." She yelled at them, Travis was genuinely terrified for his life, whilst Will began to slowly cry.

"I'm so sorry Clarisse, you think I wanted my sister to not come back." Will sobbed, gaining the attention of Chiron who was now galloping over.

'Ms La Rue, put down Solace and Stoll right now." He demanded.

She huffed at him before throwing them down on the grass. "They deserve it for letting her die." Her voice cracked as she spoke. All the campers around went silent.

"Okay, come with me." Chiron placed a hand on her shoulder. He led the daughter of Ares through the woods before stopping at the edge of the lake. The two sat down on the grass in silence. Clarisse took out the silver necklace from her pocket, holding it tight as they watched the sun set.

"She always loved this time of day." Clarisse cracked through tears, Chiron looking down to the girl. "She couldn't go longer than a few days without dragging me out to watch the sunset. Somehow the light made her skin glow even more, I'll never get to see that again."

"I know Clarisse." Chiron said sympathetically, putting his arm around her shoulder.

"Can we have her funeral at sunset, she'd kill me if it was at the 'most beautiful time of day'." She said, tears trickling down her face.

"Of course we can. And I wouldn't tell anyone that you're crying as long as you don't threaten to kill anyone again."

"Now that's asking too much of me." Clarisse chuckled, wiping away her cheeks.

It was the next evening and everyone in camp was standing around the campfire.

"She was brave, and smart, and the best archest in this camp. She will be missed by everyone here. I can't imagine this camp without her, she was there the first day I arrived and made me feel so welcome. I used to think I could never live without you, now I'm forced to and the idea is terrifying. But I promise you that every day I will live for you. I love you Y/n Y/l/n." Clarisse croaked, throwing her funeral shroud into the fire. Picking up the rose quartz arrowhead hanging around her neck, gentle kissing it.