I'm reading

I was sitting on my bed, in the empty cabin 6. Everyone else was off doing god's know what. I had just gotten to a really good point in my book, after two hours of ready I was finally at the big plot twist Annabeth told me about when she recommended the book.

I heard someone open the door then close it softly. I thought it was just one of my siblings so I didn't bother looking up. That was until I felt someone sit down on the foot off my bed.

'I'm in the middle of a really important part of my book so unless someone died I don't want to hear it.' I mumble, turning the page.

'Okay, sorry darling.' A familiar voice croaked. They sounded upset so I looked up seeing Clarisse walking away from my bed.

'Clar, wait.' I called after her. She turned around with a clearly upset look on her face. I put the book down as I say. 'You can stay. Come here.' I hold my out, inviting her back onto my bed. She smirked at me slightly then walked back over to me.

Clarisse climbed into my bed, as I layed back so I was resting on the headboard of my bed. She rested her head on my shoulder, wrapping her arms around my waist so she was as close to me as possible. 'What's going on teddy bear?'

'Don't want to talk about it.' She mumbled into my neck. 'Tell me about this book you're reading.'

I kissed her forehead before saying. 'Okay but if you want to I'm here for you. Well there's this prince dude that's demanding this farm girl marry him. But the farm girl swore she'd never love again after her farm hand, that she loved, left on a ship and never returned. She has just been kidnapped by this group of evil guys but the pirate that killed the farm hand follows them and steals the farm girl. Turns out the pirate that stole the farm girl is actually the farm boy she swore love because of. Now he's rescuing her so she doesn't have to marry this stuck up prince.'

I looked down to Clarisse, who was smiling up to me in an adorably loving way, like a puppy begging for the food on my plate. She pressed a gentle kiss on my lips before mumbling. 'You're adorable when you talk about your books.' I couldn't help but blush a bit at her comment. She laughed at me slightly then poked my cheek. 'You're also adorable when you're flustered.'

'Oh shut up.' I responded. She smirked and kissed me again.

After she pulled away I noticed she had cut on her neck. I inspected the cut as I asked. 'What happened?'

'I was practising sword fighting with Percy and he nicked me.' She huffed.

'So that's why you're upset.' I teased, to which she responded with glaring at me.

'Don't even. That punk is in for it next time I see him.'

'I'll be sure to be there.' I joked. The rest of the afternoon was filled with her whining about Percy, lots of cuddling and a tiny bit of kissing.