Fresh Meat

Camp half-blood was like it was plucked straight out of every 8 year olds imagination. It was how anyone that's never been to a summer camp wanted a summer camp to look like. Standing under a large pine tree on the top of the hill I could see every inch of this large camp.

'Come on cupcake. Let's get you to the big house.' Coach Hedge patted my back and started hobbling  down the hill. I followed him through the camp. A group of kids were playing volleyball, another group sword fighting, another playing a very rough game of rugby. The group of kids playing rugby cheered then broke apart.

There was a girl with short curly hair, pulled back with a red bandanna, camo cargo shorts, an orange camp half blood tank top showing off her muscles, she looked like a professional weight lifter. She locked eyes with me for half a second then looked to Coach hedge. She nodded at him before walking towards us.

'Hey punk,' The girl punched Hedges shoulder, which made him laugh. She turned to me, looking me up and down, her gaze lingering on my hair for a moment too long. 'Whos this raven girl?' She motioned to my long, wavy purple hair. I had just impulsive dyed it three nights ago with a friend so it was very fresh dye.

'This is Y/n, a new camper.' Coach explained. The girl raised an eyebrow and smirked at me before asking.

'Fresh meat, where you from?'

'Pasadena, California.' I responded.

'Interesting, I'm Clarisse, daughter of Ares. Any idea who your godly parent is?' She asked again as I noticed Coach Hedge had disappeared.

'Not really, my dad never talked about them much. Where'd Coach go?'

'He disappeared a lot, it's a satyr thing I think. Well I'm sure your mum will claim you soon, honestly your purple hairs kinda give Hecate vibes. Want me to show you around camp?' She gave me a quick sympathetic look then held out her hand, inviting me to follow her. I felt myself get really nervous suddenly, my palms were sweating, my cheeks were hot, my mouth was dry. There was something about this girl that made me feel like I was about to play a lead role in a musical I only had an hour to prepare for. It actually happened one time in my theatre club, it was a very interesting production of Addams Family.

I nodded at her and took her hand. She led me around the camp showing me the climbing wall, pegasus stable, strawberry field, armoury, arena, amphitheatre, campfire, and cabins. She explained all the cabins and the gods there children off. The Dionysus cabin seemed really cool and I could honestly see myself being his child. Could gods have children if they were the same sex? I mean dad was pan so...

Clarisse also introduced me to several other campers throughout the 'tour'. After an hour and a half we sat down in the amphitheatre and talked for a bit, just getting to know each other. She was so cool, I swear I was hanging onto her every word.

'So, your boyfriends prob pissed you disappeared.' She chuckeled. The question took me by surprise.

'Oh please, I do not have a boyfriend. They're gross.' I laughed off. Clarisse smirked at me.

'What, so you don't like boys?'

'Not at all, girls are way better anyway.' We both laughed, her nodding at me like she was agreeing. Seeing her agree with that comment made me super nervous, did that mean she was also queer? I mean she played rugby, and seemed to be very flirty with me during the tour.

'Yeah, girls are way better. Especially when they do theatre and have coloured hair.' DEFINITELY QUEER! The way she smiled at me made me melt. I felt my cheeks glow bright red with heat. I moved my hand over my mouth, trying to hide how flustered I was, making her chuckle at me. She gently grabbed my wrist, pulling it away from my face. She slowly started leaning in, she was close enough for me to smell a tobacco perfume on her and feel her warm breath on my skin. It was driving me crazy. One hand rested on my thigh the other was now running through my hair. Our lips were barley inches apart when we heard a bell ringing. Clarisse pulled back smirking at me, her eyes glued on my lips.

'That's dinner, can we continue this after.' She stood up, offering me her hand.

'You're a tease, Clarisse.' I take her hand and she pulls me to the dining hall.

There were 21 tables in the hall, 20 of them being for each individual cabin and 1 at the end of the hall with two men sitting at it. One older looking guy in a wheelchair and another hipster looking guy with a thick beard and Hawaiian shirt. As soon as I walked into the dinning hall the hipster looking guy shot his head up looking straight into my eyes, like he was staring into my soul. It was very off putting.

The man stood up and pointed right at me then yelled. 'SHE'S MINE! SHE'S MY DAUGHTER! GO SIT WITH YOUR SIBLINGS THEY'LL EXPLAIN EVERYTHING!'

Everyone cheered, but I heard Clarisse giggling next to me. I was dumbstruck by this hipster guy in a Hawaiian shirt yelling that I was 'his'.  Clarisse led me over to a table with four other kids sitting there. She winked at me then walked over to her cabin table. The whole of dinner I caught her staring at me occasionally.

A/N; this is how I image Dionysus claiming his children at camp. Also yes she has two gay dads, don't be homophobic.