7 months

6 months can go by quickly or slowly but these past months have felt like seven years. It was killing me not knowing when Clarisse was coming home, or where she was for that matter. I knew being with someone in the army would be hard but I didn't anticipate her having to disappear with 48 hours notice for gods know how long. Part of me believed this was a punishment from Ares for her daughter dating a daughter of Athena like me.

A friend's marathon in the background as I lay on the couch with my back to the TV. This past week the only thing I could think about was her walking through the door, coming home, telling me she'd quit. But she's never coming back.

Two more weeks past and Annabeth, Piper, and Hazel have all come over several times to try and cheer me up but nothing seems to work, until they finally dragged me out of the apartment to see a movie, get some lunch, and do some much need grocery shopping.

It was nice to get out of the apartment, but when I got back the wave of depression hit me again. Pulling out the keys from my pocket reminded me I was once again going back to an empty apartment, an empty bed, a lonely couch. Pushing the key into the lock, I realised the door wasn't locked. And things kept getting worse, like things weren't hard enough now I've been robbed. I groaned and pushed the door expecting to walk into a huge mess but was met with it looking exactly like I left it. I stumble into the living room, dropping my keys on the counter then flopping onto the couch face down.

'You know that's not a very safe position to be in. It could kill you darling.' A voice said. Probably a robber or murder.

'I don't care, I hope it kills me.' I mumble into the couch cushion.

'Now, now, I don't think your girlfriend would like that very much.' A hand softly travels up my back to my hair. I realised there was only one person who ever did something like that. I pushed myself up and turned to be met with a familiar face, a face I've wanted to see for almost 7 months. Tears filled my eyes as I threw my arms behind her neck and buried my face in her shoulder. 'Missed me beautiful?' she whispered.

I couldn't do anything besides nod. My throat was dry, hands were shaking, cheeks tear stained. I was just so happy to have her back. 'Please don't ever leave like that again Clarisse!' I begged. Her arms tighten around my waist as she pulls me off the couch.

'I won't, I'm so sorry darling. There wasn't a night that went by that I didn't wish I was in bed with you.' She comforted me.

We held each other for several minutes before she pulled away and kissed me. The rest of the night Clarisse held me on the couch as we sat in silence. She finally broke the silence after two hours. 'I'll never leave like that again, I promise.'

'How do you know that Clar?' I mumble, knowing she had no control over that.

'I've gotten a promotion to captain so they can't send me on any more deployments.' I sit up and look at her.

'You're serious?'

'Yes. I'm not leaving you ever again.' She pulled me in for a kiss. Both of us smiled into it. I was so happy to have her back and now she would never leave again.

A/N; I survived tec and production!!!!