Hoodies

I was sitting on Clarisse's bed, reading a new book, Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children. The Ares cabin was normally on the cooler side but today it was really cold for some reason. Clarisse was walking around the room packing for the winter, she was coming over to Y/ns for Christmas and was slightly panicked. It was a weird look on her, she was normally so smooth and casual and confident but now she was on the verge of a panic attack. I had made the mistake of mentioning my dad was a lawyer and owned his own law firm so she was worried he would think she 'wasn't good enough for his only daughter', which was obviously stupid. I had asked Clarisse about a thousand odd times now if she wanted a hug or anything to help her calm down but she insisted she just needed to panic for a few hours so I just let her do her thing but made sure I was here if she needed anything. I could see her walking back and forth every now and then out of the corner of my eye, putting new stuff in her bag, taking some stuff out, refolding things, all whilst muttering the speech she was planning on giving my dad for every possible question he could ask her.

'What are your intentions with my daughter?'

'To treat her like the princess she is and make sure she is well looked after whilst still allowing her to be her strong, independent self.'

'Where do you plan on going to college?'

'Arizona College and a degree in military history.'

'What are your favourite activities at camp half blood?'

'Capture the flag and sword fighting.'

I mentioned before it was cold but it seemed to be getting even colder. I closed my book and looked around for a second thinking it was just an open window or something, which got Clarisses attention.

'What's wrong darling?' She asked, still sounding very panicked.

'Nothing, it just seemed to be getting very cold in here that's all.' I responded. Clarisse turned to the heater and let out a huff of frustration.

'Mark turned the heater on to summer mood, that idiot.' She stormed over and flipped the diel to the red side instead of the blue side it was on. She walked back to her bed, kneeled down infront of her chest at the foot of her bed, rummaging through it whilst saying. 'I'm so sorry darling, I told that little punk to make sure it was on winter mood cause I know you hate reading in the cold but he's no sibling of yours.' She pulled out a thick, red hoodie and closed the chest. She passed me the hoodie with a very apologetic look. 'It can take a while to heat up sometimes.'

I smile and take the hoodie from her, pulling it over my head and my arms through it. It smelt like warm vanilla and tobacco, the perfume/cologne I got her for her birthday a few months ago. I joked 'Thank you Claire.'

'It's okay. So where did you say your dad lives? Chicago right? And he got Athena to fall for him, dear gods I'm in dead shit.' Clarisse started rambling and passing. I grabbed her wrist and forced her to stand still and look me in the eyes.

'Clarisse La Rue, Daughter of Ares the God of War, Drakon Slayer, Fighter in the Battle of Manhattan, one of the saviours of Olympus, leaders of the Greeks in the Battle against the Romans, and the a million other titles you have.' I held both her hands in mind as I looked up to my very worried girlfriend. 'You have nothing to be scared of. My father will adore you, just like I do. Mostly because you can not get me pregnant but also because you are an amazing person. Please, take a minute, calm down, and stop putting so much pressure on yourself. Dad is not as picky and protective as you think he is.'

She laughed a little and smiled down at me. 'Are you sure he's not? Like he's a lawyer, owns his own firm, and you're his only daughter, his little girl.'

'I promise you, Clarisse, he'll love you as long as you stay out of your own head.' I stand up and wrap my arms around her neck. She rests her head in the base of my neck and her arms slither around my waist, holding me very tightly and close to her.

'I just don't want to fuck this up Y/n, I love you so much and don't want your dad to think any differently.' She mumbles into my skin. I run my fingers through her dark curls and rest my head on hers whispering.

'Don't worry teddy bear, he will not think any differently. As long as I'm happy that's all he cares about, and believe me, I'm very happy with you.' I place a soft kiss on her neck as she squeals me slightly before losing her grip and leaning up to look me in the eyes.

'Good, because I'm very happy with you too. But I will still worry about meeting your father, because if tomorrow night goes to shit that will ruin my life plans.' I laughed at her before pressing a light kiss on her lips.

'He'll love you, trust me.' I whispered to her, I felt her lips curve into a smirk before she kissed me again, tightening her grip around my waist once again.