Soccer Games

Game days were always so much fun. We'd warm up together whilst gossiping about the chaos of our school.

The team were stretching on the soccer field talking about something. I ran over to them dramatically sliding on the grass to join their conversation.

'Y/n with the entrance of the year.' One girl on my team whistles. I laughed and began stretching for the game with them.

'So, there's a certain girl standing in front of the stands waiting for you I think Y/n.' Another girl on my team said. I turned around to see there was a girl staring me down from the bottom steps of the stands. Her arms softly folded in front of her chest, and a subtle smirk on her lips. She was wearing baggy camo pants, a dark red tank top and a black leather jacket with her hair pulled back into a high bun and red bandana. She waved very subtly at me.

'Be back in a moment.' I say, before running over to the stands as the girls giggle.

'Hey, soccer girl.' Clarisse smirked as I stopped in front of her.

'Hey Ares girl.' I responded. Clarisse and I both went to camp half blood and it was her first time going to a normal school during the year so I was the only person she knew. Even so we weren't super close, only really saw each other around camp. 'When did you like soccer? Thought you were more of a rugby player.'

'Yeah but I thought I could come and cheer you on. Heard it was a big game so.' She chuckled.

'Well I appreciate the support, Clarisse.' I felt myself blushing slightly at the idea of her coming to watch a sport she hated for me.

'Good, was also hoping to take you out for ice cream or something after the game? Given you do well of course.' My cheeks heated up even more. Was Clarisse La Rue asking me out?

'I suppose I could make time for that.'

'Y/n! We're starting in ten!' My coach yelled. I looked over my shoulder and gave her a thumbs up. Turning back to Clarisse.

'I should be going, see you after?'

'Of course, may I give you a kiss for good luck before you run off though?' She asked. I couldn't say anything, just nod. She leaned in and pressed her lips to mine. It was a soft sweet kiss, much more gentle then I thought she would be. She pulled away then softly pecked my forehead. "Good luck, beautiful.' She whispered before I quickly ran off trying to hide how flustered I was.