She doesn't need to know what I'm doing. Or else she'll find out that dad needed me out and then find out the spa was bullshit.

"Hey baby, whatcha up to?" She asked me to come in and sit at the edge of my bed.

"Nothing much. What's up?"

"So there's the ball coming up. And me and Raven are about to go shopping for dresses. I really want you to go." One thing I hated more than anything was going out with Raven mom. It was like I was third wheeling, but I can see the desperation on her face.

"Um- I don't know... I usually just go with Nico.." which is true. I do everything with Nico mostly. I mean he is like my best friend. It's mostly the fact that we are looked at as troubled kids. Our short tempers and impulsive actions made Raven look like the golden princess. And eventually she started playing the part.

We didn't blame her or even dislike... well until she made it clear she thought she was better than us.

"Oh come on! Some girl time. We could even go get lunch." Her adding another event is only making this worse. I can't exactly tell my mom that I don't want to hang out with them.

"Okay.. when are we leaving?" I gave in wanting to make my mom happy. Her smile brightened.

"Right now!" She chipped standing up as she happily left my room.

This is going to be my own personal hell.

*

"Do I look fat in this?" Raven ran her hand down a pink mermaid sequin dress. It hugged her curves perfectly.

"Honey, you're not fat. You look amazing." Raven smiled as she stared at herself in her mirror. Looking around the dress shop that my dad paid them to close so it could just be us.

Unnecessary.

I spotted security staring around the place like someone's going to sneak attack us at any moment. I mean I was ready for that case as I had my gun in the waistband of my skirt, hidden by my jacket.

"What do you think of the dress Zaliah?" Raven stared at me through the mirror as she flipped her straightened hair to her shoulder.

Pursing my lips stopping myself from being an asshole "You're going to light up the room." With all that sequence she's definitely lighting up the room. She raised an eyebrow not taking it as a compliment.

"Liah go try on some dresses" mom ushered me to the dressing room. Walking around the store I found a perfect black dress in my size.

Going into a dressing room I set my gun on the bench within reach as I took my clothes off slipping on the dress. It felt snug around my hips. Stepping out I looked in the mirror and holy hell.

The dress was black silk as it had a V cut and the straps met around my neck leaving a dip in my back. There was a high slit coming up to my upper thigh.

"Oh my gosh! You look so beautiful, Zaliah." Mom smiled as she watched me in the mirror.

Turning around to see how my ass looked in it. I definitely gained weight by the way the curves in my hips widened and my ass rounded out more. My eyes traveled up to my stomach as it stuck out slightly.

"Oh! That pearl necklace you have will go so cute with this!"

"It's a pretty dress! Can I try it on?" Raven asked mom. Why is she asking mom to try on the dress I'm wearing?

Mom glanced at me with pleading eyes. She's trying to make both of us happy. Raven only wants the dress because it's hot on me.

"No, I like it." I said as I went towards the dressing room.