VENOMOUS

LUNA LOVEGOOD LEANED AGAINST THE COLD, DAMP WALL OF THE CELL

LUNA LOVEGOOD LEANED AGAINST THE COLD, DAMP WALL OF THE CELL. She hummed quietly, the vibrations from her vocal cords grounding her in the moment. Her fellow prisoners cried and whined around her, teeth chattering from the cold rain seeping into the cells.

She wondered how her father was, and if he was taking care of himself. During the school year, Mrs. Weasley would usually stop by to make sure her father was taking care of himself. However, with the war looming over everyone's head, she wouldn't blame the woman for focusing on her own family.

The dungeon doors slammed open, and two figures were shoved into the room. They grunted as they were pushed into the room — one of them tripping on their own feet. It was dark, so Luna was unable to get a good look at the people, but she could see the wrackspurts floating around one's head. She tilted her head to the side, trying to remember who she had seen those particular wrackspurts on.

"Remind you of anything familiar?" A cruel voice snarled, a menacing chuckle crawling its way up his throat. "Escaping won't be as easy this time, Black."

Her brows lifted, suddenly knowing who the two figures were. "Sirius Black?" She asked, voice raspy but still containing her dreamy tone. "I knew I recognized those wrackspurts... Am I to assume that Remus is with you?"

One of the death eaters groaned, his annoyance pulsing through the air. "Merlin, if her stupid father didn't need some motivation to keep him in line, I would've killed her ages ago." He hissed, opening one of the cell doors in irritation, shoving Remus into the cell before slamming it shut.

The dirty-blonde-haired man grunted, rubbing his face. "Hey!" Sirius shouted, glaring at the men. They both rolled their eyes, turning around and walking out of the room. "Dickheads..." Sirius growled, eyes glancing over to his husband, "You okay, Mooney?"

"Yeah, you?" The man shot back, brow slightly raised in question. Sirius nodded back in reply and slumped back against the cellar's wall. Luna watched as Remus' eyes drifted over to her, concern heavy on his face. "Luna, dear, why have they taken you? Are you hurt anywhere?" He asked, glancing over her figure for any injuries.

She smiled softly, although her smile didn't quite meet her eyes. "I'm alright, Professor Lupin. I'm a bit roughed up, but nothing a little rest couldn't fix." She replied, staring off to the side of his head. "As for why they've taken me, well... Papa has always been one for the truth."

Sirius and Remus shared a look between the two of them, having a silent conversation with each other. Finally, Sirius sighed and turned his attention back over to Luna, a question heavy on his tongue, "Luna, what was Natasha talking to you about?" He poked, gaze intense on her, "Natasha is a sweet girl, but there was no reason for her to come to that wedding if she didn't have something else up her sleeve."

The blonde stayed quiet, eyes gazing down at the ground. "Luna?" Remus softly called, "Dear, what did Natasha want from you?"

She shook her head, refusing to answer the question. "I fear I can't tell you. I still plan on helping her, and I don't want the both of you to stop me."