𝑆𝑂𝑀𝐸𝑇𝐼𝑀𝐸𝑆 𝑇𝐻𝐸 𝐷𝐸𝐴𝐷 𝐶𝑂𝑀𝐸 𝐾𝑁𝑂𝐶𝐾𝐼𝑁𝐺 𝑂𝑁 𝑌𝑂𝑈𝑅 𝐷𝑂𝑂𝑅

FAR AWAY FROM NATASHA WAS A BEAUTIFUL CASTLE

FAR AWAY FROM NATASHA WAS A BEAUTIFUL CASTLE. A tall, bushy-haired girl looked up from her book as she sipped her tea. "Hermione!" A voice exclaimed, getting her attention. Turning to face the sound, she raised her eyebrow at her best friend, who had a smile on her face. "Hermione put down your book for once! The other schools are about to arrive." Padma scolded, swatting at her friend's arm.

Rolling her brown eyes, she slipped a bookmark on the page she was reading and set it in her bag. Giving her friend a sarcastic smile, she gestured to her bag. "Happy now?" She asked, a little annoyed with her best friend. She was very hooked on the book, and now she would have to wait 'til she went to bed to finish the chapter. Padma rolled her eyes, a small smile on her face. "Hermione, you know I love books as much as you. But sometimes, you need to put it down. Headmaster Dumbledore is about to announce something big, and I think you'd want to see it. Plus, you haven't even touched your food. Eat!"

Glancing down at her plate of food, she picked up her fork and stabbed it into a brussel sprout. Putting it into her mouth, she chewed slowly as she glanced about the great hall. Students all around her were chatting excitedly -- Gryffindor being the loudest out of all the houses. Scoffing quietly, she wondered whatever made her ever want to be in that house. She was very much happy in Ravenclaw, thank you very much!

It was probably her wanting to prove that she was a good person, compared to her birth parents. Now she realized that she could still be a good person, just in a different house. It wasn't necessarily the house that made the person bad, it was the person and the influences they were around. It wasn't just Slytherins that were the 'dark wizards'. Many Hufflepuffs, Gryffindors, and Ravenclaws had become dark wizards.

Her head snapped towards the Headmaster as he cleared his throat, clapping his hands together. "First," He started, "Now that we're all settled in and sorted, I'd like to make an announcement. This castle will not only be your home this year but home to some very special guests as well. You see, Hogwarts has been chosen..." He trailed off as Flinch made his way up the man, muttering about something.

After a few seconds, the balding man ran out of the Great Hall, and Dumbledore continued his speech. "So, Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event, the Triwizard Tournament. Now for those of you who do not know the Triwizard Tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests. For each school, a single student is selected to compete. Let me be clear. If you are chosen, you stand alone. And trust me when I say these contests are not for the fainthearted. But more of that later."

Tilting her head to the side, her eyes widened in awe. A tournament... Of course, she'd never join but... it's amazing that her school was chosen to host it.

"For now, please welcome me in joining the lovely ladies and the dashing boys of Beauxbatons Academy of Magic, and their Headmistress, Madame Maxime!" He exclaimed, gesturing to the doors. Turning around, boys and girls of all ages and races entered the hall, clad in periwinkle uniforms. She watched as they sprouted butterflies, two girls dancing and flipping. Her eyes widened at the tall woman, who seemed to be even taller than Hagrid! "Bloody Hell..." She muttered, watching the woman walk down the hall.