𝐴 𝑁𝐸𝑊 𝐵𝐸𝐺𝐼𝑁𝑁𝐼𝑁𝐺

NATALIA ALWAYS KNEW SHE WAS SPECIAL

NATALIA ALWAYS KNEW SHE WAS SPECIAL. However, she didn't like that she was special. It made it hard for her to survive in the red room. It gave her more attention, which wasn't a good thing from where she was raised. If you were better than any of the girls, they just pushed you harder, gave you less food and more visits with the scientists.

Although, she guessed being special had some quirks. Like the voice in her head who always knew what was going on, and always made sure to warn her. She liked the voice in her head. He was nice and was very charming. He had a different accent compared to her own and had very funny slang.

Not that she was ever allowed to laugh about it, but still. She liked the voice in her head, who would tell her stories of his childhood when she was hurt, and would always comfort her when another friend of hers' died--usually killed by her.

He also told her about magic. He was able to teach her how to control her magic, while not suppressing it. She would only use her magic to do simple things like, heal her wounds faster or get extra food and water for herself. No one ever caught her doing it, and for that, she thanked the Gods every night.

She might not have a lot in life, but she had Tom. She had a friend who would always stay with her, and would never leave her. She would make sure he would never leave her, no matter what.

She wasn't going to let the one thing that made her happy leave.

"AGAIN!"

Blinking, she spun around as she repeated the same routine that she had been doing for the past hour. Her feet ached, but she had to keep going. Kicking her leg up into the air, she began the routine once more. She didn't know what other young girls her age would be doing, but she doubted it would be this.

Sometimes, when she was asleep, she would dream of a happy family. A goofy man, who loved his friends and family more than anything. A fiery-redheaded woman, who would do anything for the little family they had. And the small girl, who had a tuff of red hair growing on her head, and was quite the mischievous little girl. She always asked Tom about her dreams, but he never answered her, always changing the subject.

Tom? She questioned as she continued her routine.

"Yes, Dear?"  He replied.

Honestly, she didn't know what to say. Earlier today she had heard the guards talking about sending her on a mission. Her first-ever mission. Tom, She said urgently in her head, Tom, they're going to send me on a mission today. What should I do? I'm... I'm scared, Tom.

He was quiet for a moment, probably thinking over what he could say to the 10-year-old. "This could be your chance to escape this place. Do you know what your mission is?"

No, she replied, chewing the inside of her cheek. All I heard is that they wanted the best out of the best. I think they're just sending me. Do you have an idea of what I could do?