𝑇𝐻𝐸 𝑀𝐼𝑁𝐼𝑆𝑇𝑅𝑌

NATASHA STUMBLED ON HER TWO FEET AS SHE ARRIVED AT THE MINISTRY

NATASHA STUMBLED ON HER TWO FEET AS SHE ARRIVED AT THE MINISTRY. Clenching her jaw, she looked around. Wizards and Witches walked all around her, a few of them stopping and staring at her. "Alright," The Auror who was holding her arm said, "Back off the girl. I have to take her in for questioning." Ignoring the murmuring, Natasha rolled her eyes as the man dragged her off to a room for questioning.

Shoving her down in a chair, Natasha bit her tongue to keep her from snapping. "Someone will be in to question you soon." He said before leaving the room. Looking around, Natasha accessed the room she was in. It seemed like a basic integration room – a two-way mirror on one side of the wall. Settling herself in her chair, (as best as she could) she stared down at the mirror with a calm look on her face.

She could hear the door open behind her, but she kept looking in front of her. The shuffling of papers could be heard as the man who came to integrate her shuffled through them, looking for something. Sitting down, he placed the papers down in front of him and picked up a folder. "Hello, Miss Romanoff," The man started off, and the first thing she noticed was the heavy accent. "I'm Kingsley Shacklebolt. I've been informed you ended up performing illegal magic, and in front of muggles – no less. Now, it says here you ended up using the killing curse." He glanced up from his papers, locking eyes with her.

She could feel light prodding on her mind, and she strengthened her shields within her mind. She didn't know what he wanted to do in her mind, but she wasn't taking any cases. "I was forced to take action. Nothing else was working, and I had to protect my little sister." She replied, her voice calm and leveled.

He tilted his head to the side, his eyes curious when she mentioned her younger sister, "Sister? That young girl back at the scene was your sister?" He questioned. Humming in response, he took out a quill and scribbled something down on a piece of parchment. "If you don't mind me asking, but... how is she your sister? As far as I'm aware, James and Lily Potter only had one child – you ."

"I've lived a lot of lives before I became Natasha Romanoff. She happened to be in one of them, and we were in a family for three years." She told the black man, who nodded and wrote down some more things on his parchment. "The thing that was chasing us... It was just out in the open, and it was just there for her. I tried using all the spells I could think of that weren't illegal – but..." Letting her bottom lip quiver, she willed up fake tears in her eyes and let one fall down on her face – a look of guilt on her face. "--Sir, I didn't wanna do it! But it gave me no choice! It wouldn't leave her alone and... she was so, so scared. I had to do something! All the other spells kept bouncing off of it!"

Kingsley stared at her with a look of sympathy on his face. Reaching over, he placed his hand over her hand. "Miss Romanoff, we can all tell that this was just a misunderstanding. However, you will have to go on trial for exposing magic to muggles. I will make sure that everything turns out okay in the end." His voice was genuine – he genuinely wanted to help Natasha. Giving the man a watery smile, she squeezed his hand and closed her eyes. "I'll have an Auror take you home, and you'll be here early tomorrow for your trial. Have a good night, Miss Romanoff." Standing up, he gathered his files and walked out of the room. The Auror who took her to this room appeared in the doorway, waving his wand. The bounds that were keeping Natasha to the chair disappeared, and the young Auror grabbed her arm, apparating her away.