Navya left the room, and Cabir muttered to himself.

Cabir: (mumbling) Yaar Nandini, you ruined everything. Is this how Manik feels when I bother him?

Cabir then headed to the bathroom to get ready.

In the dining room:

Nandini was chatting with Manik on a video call.

Nandini: And you know what Dadda? Our college picked our group to handle the competition arrangements. Isn't that awesome?

Manik: That's great, bacha. Just remember not to overdo it. Your health comes first. If you're not up for it, let someone else take charge, okay?

Nandini: (grimacing) Dadda, I'm taking care of myself.

Navya: Oh, please! I know exactly how well you're taking care of yourself. Should I spill the beans, Nandini?

Nandini: Diiiii...

Manik: (suspicious) What's going on, Navya?

Nandini: (scared) No...Nothing Dadda. And one more thing...

Manik: (sternly) Nandini, I am talking with Navya. (to Navya) What she did?

Navya: Well, this morning, when I tried to wake her up, she was all grumpy about breakfast. She wanted to skip it and rush to college for the competition.

Manik: (sternly) Nandini, is this true? What's with the breakfast drama?

Nandini: (pouting) But now I'm eating, why are you scolding me?

Manik: It's good you're eating. If I find out you're skipping meals or overworking yourself and get sick, you'll see what happens.

Nandini: (whining) Dadddaaaa... Instead of wishing me luck, you're scolding me. Just go, I don't want to talk to you.

Manik: (chuckles) Okay, okay, sorry for scolding my babygirl. I have a meeting now, so I have to go. Good luck with your competition and take care. Bye, love you.

Nandini: (smiling) Thanks, Dadda. You take care too. Don't overwork or skip meals. Love you.

Call ends.

Now even Cabir was downstairs. They were about to start breakfast when Nandini's phone rang again

On call:

Khushi: Nandini, are you ready?

Nandini: I'm almost done.

Khushi: Actually, I got a call from our team member, and he mentioned an issue with our dresses. We need to meet up immediately.

Nandini: (worried) What?

Khushi: Yes, I'm on my way to college. I'll pick you up, so be ready.

Nandini: Yes, yes, I'll be waiting for you.

Call ends.

Alia: Babydoll, everything okay?

Nandini: (tensed) No, Di. Khushi called; there's a problem with our dresses. We need to go there immediately. (to Navya) Di, I'm going to get ready. Khushi is already on her way.

Navya: At least have your breakfast.

Nandini: Di, please. I have to go.

Saying this, she rushed upstairs to grab her bag. Cabir signaled Navya to relax and let her go.