Chapter 35

Next day everyone woke up. Manik and Nandini were getting ready for the day.

Nandini: Dadda can I go to the park with Mom Dad?

Manik: No you are not going anywhere.

Nandini: Why? I want to spend sometime with them... Please can I go? Please.

Manik: I guess I told you no already Nandini... So dont argue on this topic.

Nandini: I want to go... (stomping her foot) I want to.. I want to... I want to.

Manik: NANDINI... Stop right there.

As soon as Manik shouted at her she started crying. He rubs his palms on his face and sighs.

Manik: Baby listen to me dont you think from the day your parents have entered in our life you are ignoring me.

Nandini: (crying) Its not like that I just want to know them a little better so I need to spend time with them. We can spend time at night. We can go for a long drive.

Manik: You don't understand when I speak in simple language, do you? YOU ARE NOT GOING ANYWHERE. Now please dont test my patience.

She again started crying. At the same time Cavya entered in their room. As soon as she saw Cabir she ran towards him and hugged him tight and cried.

Manik: Nandini come here... (she didn't move) Nandini I said come here fast... You wont like it if I come there.

Cabir: What is going on here? And why is she crying?

Manik: She just doesn't want listen to me. Nandini if I get angry you wont like the consequences so stop your tantrums.

Cabir: Manik calm down you are scaring her... Nandini baby stop crying and tell your bhai what happened why are you crying so much?

Nandini: (hiccups) Bh...Bhai I... I wanted to sp....spend some time with my pa...parents and Da... Dadda was not all...allowing me to go with them.

Navya hands over a glass of water to Cabir.

Cabir: First stop crying and drink this water. Manik what are doing ha? Is this the way to talk with her?

Navya: Nandu did Manik told you the reason why he was not allowing you to go?

Nandini: (nodded her head) He wanted to spend some time with me... He thinks I dont give him attention nowadays.

Navya: Remember when Manik used to be busy and couldn't spend much time with you... you used to be sad because he was not giving you attention and you used to not talk with him. (she nodded) Don't you think you are doing the same?

Nandini nodded her head and went towards Manik who just turned his face.

Nandini: I am sorry for not listening to you... We will spend some time today only to of us.

He still didn't looked at her and replied in a plain voice.

Manik: I am busy I have work today... Navya feed her breakfast I am going.

He was about to leave the room when Nandini holds his hands.

Manik: Nandini leave me I am getting late.

Nandini: I am sorry please forgive me.

Manik: Nandini I said leave me... You are free to do whatever you want I am going.

He freed his hand from her grip and left without even bidding her a goodbye. She starting crying loudly now.

Cabir: Nandu bacha dont cry give him sometime he will be back... (to Navya) You handle her I am going behind him ok and do feed her something.