Chapter 61

The whole day Manik didn't came to office. Cabir tried calling him many times initially he didn't received his calls but after sometime he switched off his phone.

At 9pm:

Right now everyone was back from their work except Manik and had gathered in the living room waiting for him. They were determined to get their answers from him today anyhow. But because he was missing from morning they were a bit worried for him.

After sometime they heard the main door opening and saw Manik entering inside heading towards his room.

Cabir: Manik wait.

Manik: (annoyed) What?

Cabir: Where were you from morning? Why were you not receiving my calls?

Manik: Now why do I have to inform you everything?

Abhi: Manik what's wrong with you? If you are in any problem then you can share it with us.

Manik: (irritated) Why can't you guys fucking mind your own business and let me live my fucking life.

Mukti: Manik-

Manik: Please for god sake give me a break guys.

Saying this he went from there.

Mukti: What's wrong with this man ha? Keeps on giving us attitude. 

Nandini: Guys let me talk with him.

Abhi: No Nandini he is angry right now we should leave him alone for now.

Nandini: Bhai he is behaving strange from yesterday and I can't sit and relax knowing that something is bothering him from inside.

Cabir: Nandini wait... We are coming with you.

Nandini: I don't-

Dhruv: No baby he is right. Will do one thing will wait for you guys outside your room and if we find anything wrong we'll jump in.

Agreeing with them they all went upstairs. Nandini knocked the door but got no response so without any second thought she opened the door and went inside. Manik was sitting on the couch working on his laptop.

Manik: (sighs) What's wrong with you guys? Can't you all leave me alone for sometime.

Nandini: I thought something is wrong with you so I came to check on you.

Manik: Well yes something is wrong with me and that's you... You are wrong in my life.

Even though his words hurt her a lot but she kept on thinking that it all because of stress and he didn't meant any words he said. As Nandini zoned out for sometime Manik went back on continuing his work. Nandini made her mind to know the truth so gathering some courage she shuts his laptop which did nothing but triggered Manik's anger.

Manik: (yells) WHAT THE HELL.

He stood up and slapped hard on her cheeks.

Others who were standing outside the room rushed inside as soon as they heard the noise and girls immediately went and side hugged Nandini and check her cheek which was now bruised a bit.

Cabir: (grabbing Manik's collar) HOW DARE YOU. I WON'T LEAVE YOU TODAY.

He punched him and then both of them started fighting. As the situation was getting worse Abhi and Dhruv jumped in to separate them.

Cabir: Leave me I will kill him today.

Navya: CABIR I SAID STOP IT. YOU ARE SCARING NANDINI.

Manik: (chuckles) Nandini come on stop your acting. You can fool these guys but not me.