5. healing

"Babe?" I wake up hearing Chloe's voice, smiling to myself. "Hm?" I mumble, sitting up slowly and stretching. I can finally sit up on my own without feeling any pain.

Chloe sits on my bed and grabs my hands, then pulls me close to her and kisses me. "Good morning to you too, Beale." I whisper as she giggles. "Uh, death breath!" She says, grinning. "Baby, I just woke up, give me a break." I roll my eyes at her as she laughs.

"Ugh. It's awful, isn't it?" I stare at myself in the tiny bathroom mirror, groaning. Chloe was watching me, smiling. "Beca, it's fine."

I hadn't actually seen myself since the accident, but since I could just about walk now I finally saw myself in a mirror. "Really?" I raise my brows at her, but she just nods and smiles. "Really."

I pull my very oversized shirt Chloe brought for me on, covering the scars all over my left side. "A bit better." I mumble to myself, just barely loud enough for Chloe to hear.

"Mitchell, stop it. You're literally the most gorgeous woman I've ever seen." I can feel myself blushing, but I don't actually care about what she said because I personally don't even believe it. "Whatever." I mutter. She pins me against the wall and tilts my head up to look her in the eyes.

"Oh really? Rebeca, I'm afraid I might have to shut you up if you don't stop saying the most untrue, ridiculous crap. Okay?" The redhead glares at me, her hand still under my chin.

I smile and try to wriggle away. She grabs me and pushes me against the wall again.

"Dude, I'm literally not wearing any pants. I don't even wanna know where this is going, and if it's going in the direction I think it is, I'm not ready yet, sorry." I laugh, but Chloe's eyes stay focused on my lips. "Alright, you asked for it."

Her lips crash against mine as she brings us both into a kiss. She pulls away noticing my entire face is bright red, giggling.

I push her away gently and slide my shorts on. "You're such a dork, Chloe Elizabeth Beale."