19. after every storm

*1 month timeskip*

I open my eyes slowly to see my arms around Chloe's waist and our legs tangled. I smile to myself softly, happy that she's doing better.

I gently move my left arm away from Chloe, but she stirs slightly and pulls it back. "Baby, I need my arm back, please." I mutter. Her grip on my arm tightens and it soon becomes clear that she isn't going to let go.

Eventually I give up trying to move my arm and simply just move Chloe. I tighten my arms around her waist and lift her up so she's lay on me before sitting up and holding her on my lap.

"Hey! I want to sleep." Chloe pouts. I laugh softly before letting go of her and allowing her to sleep.

Amy knocks on the door and enters quietly. "Oh, you're up. That's a surprise." The blonde says, grinning. "I'm as shocked as you." I reply.

She walks in and shuts the door behind her, making sure it doesn't make a noise. "Well?" I probe, standing up and sliding my slippers on. "Oh, right, yeah. Legacy had a bad night." Amy says. I gasp before standing up quickly and shuffling past her to get to Emily's room.

Two weeks ago, Chloe and the other girls had heard a freshman audition and wanted her for the Bellas, so they let her in. Now she's been living with us in the main house.

I guess she's sort of like mine and Chloe's child. We got really defensive over her and whenever she misses home we make sure to cheer her up.

"Hey Em, you okay?" I say softly as I enter her room. The brunette shakes her head and cuddles her little brown teddy bear. "I didn't feel good last night and I still feel awful." She mumbles, her voice barely audible. "Aw, sweetie."

Flo, our other new Bella, knocks on the door and enters. "Is she okay? I heard her crying all night and I thought she'd been killed when she suddenly went silent."

I laugh and shake my head. "You can clearly see that she's alive and well, Flo."

"You never know, my abuela looked alive and well when she was poisoned by an officer." The girl says, a traumatised look on her face.

I shudder gently and look back at Emily. "I think Em is fine." I mutter. Flo nods and leaves again. "I swear, this girl is the new Lilly.." I mumble under my breath, making Emily giggle.

"Can I stay in bed today?" Emily asks shyly. I nod and smile. "Of course. I'll call your teachers. Stay here and don't move."

I get up and Chloe is stood outside the room. "Oh, hey baby." I smile. She grins and looks through the door at Emily. "Is she okay?" Chloe asks. I nod and smile. "It's just a bug, nothing too serious. I'm sure she'll be fine."

She nods slowly and looks away. "Okay. I'll go and sit with her~"

"Not so fast, babe. You were a bit out of it yesterday, are you feeling alright?" I ask softly. Chloe nods and pulls the edge of her shorts down gently. "Uh, why are you covering your legs? Chloe, have you hurt yourself?" I probe. She looks down and bites her lip gently. "You have, haven't you." I whisper. Chloe nods and falls forward onto me, her arms around my neck. "I told you, if things are getting too much then you have to tell me."

She nods as she cries silently into my shoulder. "It's okay though, babe. At least you found something to occupy yourself, even if it was..harmful. Have you eaten yet?" I ask. Chloe shakes her head, so I scoop her up carefully and carry her downstairs.

Her head rests on my shoulder as I carry her through to the kitchen. "What do you want, baby?" I ask. She shrugs and looks up at me. "You pick."

I roll my eyes and smile. "Alright. How does Coco Pops sound?" I offer. Her eyes light up and she nods excitedly. "Great. I just need to email all of Em's teachers and let them know she won't be in." I mutter.

After emailing Emily's professors, I head into the kitchen to find Chloe setting out two bowls filled with Coco Pops. "Aw, thanks baby!" I beam, kissing her cheeks gently and sitting on the counter.

She stands inbetween my legs and slowly eats her cereal as I wolf mine down. "Jesus, slow down Beca."

"I've never heard you say that to me before." I smirk, winking at her. Chloe rolls her eyes and smiles. "Eh, I guess usually you go at the right pace." She mutters.

I turn my head slightly to see Emily stood in the kitchen, her jaw dropped. "I didn't need to hear that!"

"Too late."