45. Missed you!

Virat came home a little late that evening. The shoot had taken longer than he had expected. It was a tiresome one, the peculiar skimpy shaktimaan costume just made everything so childishly weird. It was still good until it tore a little from near his inner thigh in between the shoot and made it super embarassing for him. He hadn't felt this relieved in a long time after completing a shoot.

It was already past twelve when he reached home. All he wanted at the moment was to just go to his bed and sleep. But the moment he entered the hall, he could see MS waiting for him. He sighed, he didn't know why he was expecting Mahi bhai to not be there. He always did. No matter how late he was, he would always find MS sitting there waiting for him.

"Been quite late cheeku? " MS asked before Virat could greet him.

"Yes bhai. Shoots and shit.." Virat replied tiredly.

"Koi ni. Mai khana laga rha hoon, tab tak ja fresh hoke aaja"

"Bhai I'll eat myself. Aap so jao yaar" Virat said in exasperation. The efforts MS made for him never failed to surprise him, even after all these years.

"I have to make rotis kiddo. Don't run your brain, go freshen up" Virat rolled his eyes but heeded MS nonetheless.

Once Virat came back, MS served him food and went back to make more rotis.
"How was your day Cheeku? " MS asked from the kitchen counter.

"Tiring as hell bhai. These shoots sometimes are so irritating" Virat scoffed. He wasn't camera shy, he didn't even mind acting, but sometimes the scripts were so atrocious, it felt baffling.

"Yes, they are certainly not the best thing to do. What happened today? "

"Don't tell me to start.. " Virat started off anyways and within minutes he could feel his tiredness flying away. He didn't realise that Mahi Bhai had made him eat 2 extra rotis while listening to his rant.

"Good night bhai" Virat hugged MS as he got up to go to his room.

"I'm coming cheeks. Rish was studying, I gotta check on him"

"Rish started studying? You scolded him? " 

"Thats a good kid. Doesn't need the stick for that" MS smiled. Virat rolled his eyes, Mahi Bhai was either too biased for the younger one or the younger one smart enough to keep Mahi bhai wrapped around his fingers.

Rishabh was sleeping on the chair with his head placed comfortably on the table when MS and Virat entered the room. Virat had a look at MS and had a hearty chuckle, he knew Rishabh better.

"Rishu don't sleep on the table bachcha. Get up and sleep here on bed"
Rishabh was too deep in sleep to hear that. MS called again, but got no response this time too. "This sloth.. " Virat chuckled looking at Mahi bhai's tired face.

MS decided to take the job in his own hands to put Rishabh to bed. He went closer and tried to lift him up. "Bhai kya kar rhe ho? Mai le aaunga isko idhar. Let me do it please"

MS directed a glare at Virat and proceeded to lift Rishabh himself, making Virat scrunch his face in annoyance. MS made Rishabh lie down on the bed and covered him with the blanket.

"Cheeks soyega na tu bhi? " MS asked Virat who shook his head with a shrug.

"Not sleepy now? "

"Aap baitho na bhai" Virat pleaded to MS. It had been ages since he had Mahi bhai to himself. Sleep could wait, he just wanted to talk to Mahi bhai.