43. Rab ne Bana di Jodi

As expected, Rab ne bana di jodi was a huge hit and the debutant actress was showered with praises. A lot of success parties were going on, bollywood seemed obsessed with them. Anushka had just managed to sneek out of one, she was done giving fake smiles to everyone.

After coming out of the back door, all she could think of was calling Virat. She had come to this party with a friend in her car and now she had no means to go back home this late. Luckily, she thought, he was in the town.

Virat reached just on time. He was well aware of her party repulsive nature. He was surprised that she even agreed to attend these back to back parties. Nevertheless, he was ready to save his queen from the party trap.

The night had been fun for both of them. They had gone on the beachside, strolling mindlessly while talking about the randommest things. With Anushka, one thing was sure for Virat, he was in for never ending laughs. Same was true for Anushka too, they seemed like two people from West Delhi in another universe. From the comforting silence between hearty laughs, Virat knew, she is the one.

Anushka's feet tho, had started paining because of wearing heels all night. She had taken them off while walking on the beachside, now wearing them again to go back was a pain. She looked at her feet, they were a lil swollen. She anyhow tried to fit them, but a wince escaped out of her mouth as she tried. "Wait a second nushkie" , Anushka heard Virat's voice.

He bent down and gently took her feet out of the shoe. "Leave them, I'll take you to the car", he spoke as he lifted her up and started walking. Anushka's heart skipped for a second as her eyes met with Virat's soft eyes. She wanted to look away, lower her gaze but couldn't help staring in those eyes when Virat was looking at her like that. Like, he was in love with her. Her heart started beating faster when Virat pushed a strand of her hair behind her ear.

Before she could gather her thoughts, Virat made her sit in the car. Anushka finally pulled herself out of the hysteria, "Virat my heels"

"La rha hoon yaar. I know those are expensive" Virat gave her a warm smile before he ran away to take her heels back.

Anushka too smiled back after he went away. She couldn't believe what was happening around her. Was she really in love with Virat? And was Virat really in love with her? She felt butterflies all of a sudden. Is this what they call love in movies, she thought.

Virat cringed looking at the time, the sun had already risen long back, Mahi bhai would also have woken up. Although he had already informed him on text that he  was going to nushkie, since she fell sick in a party, he was sure the red blush on his face was going to embarass him.

"Cheeku aa gya bachcha. Good morning" MS greeted as soon as he saw him coming. "Anushka kaisi hai ab? " MS asked.

"Thik hai bhai. She was just feeling a lil nauseous. She is better now" Virat told. Mahi bhai bought it but Sakshi came out just at the moment, "Toh isme itna laal kyun ho rha hai? "

Virat visibly facepalmed. Mahi bhai was a very observant person, but somehow he never seemed to notice these things, or may be he just chose to ignore. But Sakshi bhabhi was a different case. She would just tease him to the death.

Virat just chose not to answer, because no matter what he replied there was no escape. He just wished Sakshi atleast took care of the surroundings. Why did she tease him in front of Mahi bhai always? He felt even more shy.

"Bhabhi coffee" Virat asked, just to distract her from the topic.

"Ban rhi hai. Have patience. Waise ye bata, have you proposed her? Isliye itna sharma rha hai? " Sakshi asked. Virat's tricks hardly worked on her. She was too well versed with his ways.