34. The Grumpy Virat

The family was relieved once Virat's vomiting stopped. The back pain was fortunately a one-time occurence, it didn't recur. But the harder part was still left. Virat was mentally down, he still didn't believe he was alright, the demons inside him scared him to his wits.

This morning when MS caught Virat goggling about his medicines, he had to snatch his laptop and ipad away. Virat sulked but MS didn't budge. "If you have ANY doubt you will ask mumma. Or your doctor. That's it, you try anything else I'll cut your internet forever" MS had warned.

Virat sat in his room sulking. It was afternoon and he had nothing to do. He couldn't go to gym, his head hurted too much for that. He got bored so he had slept. But now after 3 hours of sleep he was done, he couldn't sleep anymore. Rishabh had gone to school, it was peak boredom. Finally, he made way to Mahi bhai's study, thumping his feet. He was working from home since Virat was ill.

Virat entered the study, with his arms crossed over his chest, nose scrunched, and lips in a typical scowl. He came and sat on the sofa, resting his chin in his palms, not sparing Mahi bhai a look.

"Kuchh chahiye Cheeku? " MS asked. He could see the boy had come with a purpose.

Virat shook his head annoyed. It's not like he will really give me that.

"Pakka? " MS asked again.

Virat shook his head again. MS smiled and went back to his work. He knew what Virat wanted, he just wanted to know for how much time Virat could put up this act.

Once Virat knew Mahi bhai won't buzz, he spoke himself, "bhai? "

MS hummed in response, he was yet to look up from his laptop. Virat got even more annoyed, he hated how difficult it was to make Mahi bhai grovel.

"Huhh, nothing" Virat huffed and got up from his seat. He thumped his feet thrice and started to walk out of the room.

"Kya hua Cheeku? " MS spoke tenderly this time and Virat turned back.

"You should know that yourself" Virat huffed angrily.

"I had no option Cheeku" MS tried to reason, but Virat just scrunched his nose, "I don't know about all that"

"Come, sit here. We can talk" MS said, pointing to the chair in front of the table.

"Par mujhe aapse koi baat nahi karni" Virat wanted to shout but stayed quiet for once. He knew Mahi bhai won't relent, he had to find a middle ground. And for that, he had to negotiate, so he sat down reluctantly.

"Bhai" Virat started after a lot of fiddling with his fingers, "You have confiscated my phone and playstation already. I'm grounded too. Now you've taken my laptop and ipad also. Banda jiye toh kaise jiye? "

"Viraat" MS glared.

"Bhai pichhli punishment khatam kar do na, these two have overlapped. Aur mai iss tour pe ja bhi nahi paya, next tour is next month, toh tab tak punishment extend thodi na hogi? This is not fair" Virat put his point forward.

"Your point is fair, but phone wapis nahi mil sakta. I'm sorry, but this takes away the whole point of confiscating your laptop. I could give back your playstation but that will only increase your headaches, so again, I don't see a reason why I should do that" MS spoke.

Virat pouted, it was hard to reason with that, so all he could do was to whine till MS gets annoyed and he gives what he wants but he knew that rarely happened, MS wasn't that easy to coax.

"But let's say your grounding is over. You can go out BUT you'll not drive. You'll take a driver with you wherever you go" MS added.

Virat agreed happily. This was probably enough for him. "Toh mai jaau? " Virat asked excitedly.