38. Teacher's Day!

MS had opened his laptop to go through his office mails when he accidentally opened his academy account. He could see a mail from Nishant popping up. He opened it immediately. What he saw surprised him, it was a long mail, he really didn't have time but he still sat down to read.

"Dear Sir" It read,  I'm emailing you because I really couldn't get myself to tell this to you standing face to face."

MS had a sinking feeling in his heart. What did Nishant actually do that he couldn't say to him on face? He hoped it wasn't too bad, Nishant was one of those students he really liked. He would hate to have his opinion changed. Leaving his thoughts aside, he started reading further,

That day when Rishabh and I had a fight, I was the one who started. I had hit a ball towards him intentionally, twice. He retorted back and we had an argument. And that went bad..

MS had an exasperated sigh. He really didn't want to read further, because he knew it would only lead to disappointments. He took a minute, gulped the water from the bottle that was kept on his table and read further,

I said some very hurtful things to him, his family, his mother,words that cannot be replicated here. That is where our war of words turned physical.

I'm telling you all this because Rishabh doesn't deserve the kind of punishment he got. I know lifting the suspension or not is upto you but I just wanted to clarify. Another reason why I wrote this mail is because guilt was killing me, I'm sure I'll feel better once I hit the send button of this mail.

I'm sincerely sorry for my actions and my words. I'm willing to accept the consequences of my deeds. Thank you for looking out for me in the hospital, I'm really grateful, to you and Aunty both.

Sincerely,
Nishant Jangra
U19, Guts N' Glory

MS closed the mails and stared at the wall in front of him. He didn't know what to make out of this. Rishabh was actually innocent, who got punished wrongly. And Nishant, he was the last guy he expected to hurl abuses at his family. He would have dealt him his way if he hadn't apologized but here, his apology seemed very genuine. MS thought for a second and replied to his mail, "Apologize to Rishabh. If he accepts, Then we may talk further"

MS came early from his office, he had to talk to Rishabh. It had been long since he spent some time with him. But before that he had to get another job done. So by the time he came home it was dinner time already. Once they were done with dinner, he casually asked Rishabh to don his jacket and come out.

Rishabh was confused but did as he was told anyways and followed MS out. "Kahaan ja rhe hain bhaiya hum? " Rishbah saw as he saw MS taking his car out.

"Aaja baith toh. You'll know"  came MS's reply.

Once Rishabh knew where MS was driving to, he asked looking at him, "You're taking me to marine drive? "

"Kyun? Sirf cheeku bhaiya leke aa sakte hain tujhe yahaan? " MS asked. A small smile could be seen on his face.

"Nahi, par you remember you scolded us both for that? " Rishabh uttered.

"You both very well know why you got scolded. Stop being dramatic Rish " MS said and Rishabh scowled, "whatever"

"Chal utar ab, pahunch gaye hum" MS spoke ignoring his scowls. In a way, he was happy that Rishabh was talking to him normally, he would have to grovel less. The last 3-4 days had been very straining.

They came down and sat on the beachside, facing the shores. They sat in silence before Rishabh leaned a little on MS's shoulder. MS wrapped his arm around his back.