31. What googling your symptoms leads to!

Mahi and Sakshi looked on as Meera ran downstairs absolutely elated. She somehow looked a lot like Rishabh, happy and excited, they wondered what had her so delighted. The couple could hardly keep themselves from smiling.

"Mahi, Sakshi you know what.. I've a good news" Meera squealed in excitement, "I had applied for the job of consultant at seraphic hospitals and my application just got accepted, I can't wait to join back"

"At seraphic? I'm so happy for you mumma" Mahi spoke as he hugged her tight. Seraphic hospital was the best in Mumbai, probably the best in country and his mother deserved only the best.

"Should we make kheer? The occasion deserves imo" Sakshi suggested. Mahi agreed immediately.

Rishabh was about to throw his laptop. He was watching a movie but it was too boring and he didn't have anything else to do now that Mahi bhai had confiscated his phone and his playstation. So he did what he had learnt always worked, annoying Cheeku bhaiya.

He ran to Virat's room and jumped on his bed directly. Virat sat up startled, getting a huge urge to pull his own hair. "Rishu aaraam se nahi aa sakta tu? "

"Aap so rahe ho? Uth jao na, mai bore ho rha hoon" Rishabh spoke, pulling the blanket away from Virat.

Virat pulled the blanket up again, "Pareshan mat kar Rish. Sone de mujhe, sar dard ho rha hai mereko"

"Toh mai sar daba dunga na, let me come" Rishabh told.

"No" Virat yelled, "let me sleep. And switch off the lights"

"Aapko jyada pain ho rha hai toh medicine le lo na" Rishabh urged.

"Aise chhote mote sar-dard ke liye mai medicines nahi leta" Virat uttered.

"You do not behave this weird agar chhota-mota pain hota toh. Take medicine or else mai bhaiya ko bula rha hoon, wohi denge aapko" Rishabh told.

Virat straightened up immediately. "Thik hai, la kahaan hai dawai "

Rishabh brought a painkiller and gave him. Virat swallowed it immediately. "Ab so jao aap" Rishabh spoke pulling the comforter up his head.

"Good night. Light off karde yaar please" Virat uttered as he pulled the comforter tighter.

For the next one week, Virat's headache was continuously increasing. He had initially dismissed it thinking it was simply migraine but certainly it wasn't so. Today, he felt fever too, which was so unbearable that he dared not come out of the room and risk falling down the stairs. But at the same time he didn't want Mahi bhai getting to know about this or worse his mother otherwise they would take him to those stinky hospitals and that would be his end.

He googled his symptoms and he was convinced his days were limited. There was no point of going to hospital anyway. He got up with difficulty, washed his face and set his hair and went downstairs, if these were his last days, he would like to spend them with his family happily. He wished all this was just a nightmare, he had so many dreams, to marry Nush, to pamper and spoil Rish to no ends, to spend time with his mother, to be his bhai's support when he grows old, to bicker with his bhabhi everyday, although that would never be enough, he chuckled.

Virat tripped over the last stair, luckily for him, MS had just gotten there on time. He held Virat carefully and made him sit on one of the chairs. Virat held Mahi's hand and buried his head in his chest. MS felt a little weird, Virat's hand was warm and his demeanor seemed sick. "Cheeku, bachcha kya hua? Tabiyat kharab hai? " Virat shook his head. MS didn't buy that. He made Virat look up and checked his forehead. "Bataya nahi tune? Bukhar hai tujhe" Virat wrapped his arms around Mahi's waist and again burried his face in his chest.