12. Party!

Please make in-line comments if you are liking the story. They are my favourite thing in the world, they add a lot of value to the story. Thank you.

As the guests arrived, the party started in full bloom, with music and pomp. All their friends were invited, Rishabh's friends, Virat's friends and a couple of Mahi's friends too. "Uhumm, uhumm" Virat cleared this throat on the mic, "Can I have your attention please? "

"Girls ki attention toh already hai" Shikhar, one of Virat's friends, shouted from behind making Virat blush.

"Too cringe shikhi" Virat uttered, " Anyways, so I know you guys were surprised to know that I have a younger brother, but believe me guys, even I was surprised to see this monkey" Virat said looking at Rishabh.

"I am not a monkey" Rishabh scowled. Rohit, who was standing besides him pulled his cheeks, "A monkey's younger brother is always a monkey chhote"
Rishabh crossed his arms on his chest, scowling even more. He didn't like this friend of Virat even one bit, all he was doing since he came was teasing him, to no ends.

"Some of you guys have met him already and those who haven't, look at this little bean looking absolutely adorable in suit, tie and a scowl"

Rishabh's scowl grew deeper. "You look good in this scowl rishu, points for that" Virat added. Rishabh walked from there and besides his mom on the couch. The people there were living no chance to tease him or pull his cheeks.

"Guys, he is turning 16, can you guys believe?" Virat asked. The crowd collectively shouted in "NO"

Rishabh leaned a little on Meera's shoulder, "dekho mumma inko" . Meera just laughed and carassed his hair.

"Jokes apart, I'm really really happy and grateful to God to finally meet you, to have you and mom with us here. Tu 16 saal ka ho gya and I didn't even know I have a younger brother. There is nothing as great a regret as missing your childhood but now that we are together, I promise we are gonna make lots of memories " Virat said getting serious. Rishabh smiled at this. The scowl was slowly disappearing.

"On the other note, it's good to have someone you can boss around, I've been the youngest in the house for the longest of times, so time to change that" Virat said smirking. Rishabh smiled wholeheartedly, he didn't mind getting bossed around, what mattered was, he got his family back. The dream he had harboured since years had come true.

"Stay the same Rishu, I couldn't ask for a more adorable younger brother. Never changed, I love you" Virat spoke, "but yeah please start going for morning jogs", Virat added.

Rishabh got up and went to hug him, " Ek line mein tareef karne ke baad taunt marna jaruri hai? " Rishabh asked in his ear.

"You are spoiled enough, I don't want to add on to it" Virat said as he patted his back.

"Huh? Anyways, I love you, but you are annoying" Rishabh whispered.

"But you are stuck with me, so " Virat kissed his forehead, "just bear it"

"Let's cut the cake? " Virat asked.

The family had a blast. They had invited Rishabh's and some of Virat's friends and the kids were dancing like no tomorrow. Rishabh's friends, Shubman, Ishan and Rutu were elated to have Virat with them, their dream of meeting Virat had come true long back, but dancing with Virat like this was something no one had ever anticipated.

MS was having his own merry-time with Suresh. He had been doing concerts in North America and Europe since the past 2 months or so and now he had landed directly into the party. They both stood looking at the kids dancing and enjoying, Raina put an arm around Mahi's shoulder, "I am so happy for you Mahi". MS leaned onto him a little. Raina was the one who had been with him when he had nothing, he was with him now when he had everything. He had seen him broken, vulnerable and he had also seen him grow, upto heights that seemed unachievable.