39. Teachers day - Virat's version

Virat was mad at their manager. The guy had told him that they will reach mumbai by afternoon. It was already 5 of evening and they were yet to board their flight. The last match of the three match t20i series between India and England was happening in Mumbai. Virat was hoping to reach home early. It was teachers day and he was looking forward to greet his coach, Rajkumar Sir and Mahi bhai. It had been more than a couple of years that he couldn't wish them in person, though he always made sure to reach via text or phone.

"Bunty ask one driver to get a car on mumbai airport. Abhi ek ghante mein. " Virat dialled his manager. He didn't want to get more late than he already was. "Aur sun, usko bolna Mahi bhai ko na bole ki mai aa rha hoon"

The whole family was having dinner when Virat barged in unannounced. He freed his hand from the trolley bag and jumped to get attention, spreading his both hands comically, "Guyss, guess who is backk", he shouted giving a toothy smile.

Rishabh jumped from his chair and ran to hug him, " Aapne bataya kyun nahi ki aap abhi aa rhe ho? " , he asked spreading his arms around his abdomen.

"Usme ye maza thodi aata" Virat said as a matter of fact, shrugging his shoulders.

"Aur Rishu, kamaal kar diya puttar, chha gaye. Naam roshan kar diya tune, I'm very proud of you", Virat kissed his temple, congratulating him for the recently concluded national u16 tournament.

Rishabh's eyes misted as he looked down to not let Virat see it. Till this moment he didn't know he was craving for this moment this much. Your idol saying he is proud of you, this was his moment to cherish forever. Although he had told him on phone several times, but this, him saying this while kissing his temple, hit different.

"Oye tujhe kya ho gya? " Virat asked as he saw the tears in his eyes. He hated tears, especially when he saw those in others eyes.

"He is overwhelmed Virat. Jab aap kisi ko dekh ke khelna shuru karte hain, wahi insaan aapke khel ki taareef karta hai toh kaisa lagta hai? " Meera smiled as she walked to them.

Virat looked at her startled. He hadn't really thought that way. He clearly remembered the moment Sachin Tendulkar said he saw himself in him when he played. He had come running back to his room and felt his tears flowing while smiling like an idiot. He was no Sachin Tendulkar, but he had no doubts about how much Rishabh admired him. The feeling overwhelmed him.

He put a friendly arm around Rishabh's shoulder when he spoke next, "Go finish your dinner Rish, I have something for you"

Rishabh's eyes glittered. "Kya laaye ho aap mere liye? Abhi dikho na? Kha liya maine khana"

Virat smiled, he looked like a 10 yo. He forced himself to harden his voice, "Finish your dinner Rishabh. Plate khali kar, fir milega" .

Rishabh showed him his puppy eyes, "achha thik hai, bata toh do kya hai? "

Virat shrugged, "Again, usme kya maza? "

Rishabh scrunched his nose and went back to his chair once he knew Virat won't budge. It was better to finish the business fast and come to real work.

"Tu kal aane wala tha na? " MS asked as he came to hug him.

"Kyun? Aapko khushi nahi hui aaj aa gya?" Virat replied and instantly regretted when a hard whack landed on his head. "Isliye kyunki airport aana hota hai, ya gaadi bhejni hoti hai. " MS said as he raised his hand to whack him again but Virat immediately buried his head into his chest, saving himself from the whack. He slowly looked up to see Mahi bhai's expression and relaxed when he saw him smiling.