CHAPTER 40* A NEW-SHADY LEAF

ERICA'S POV
Lunch or brunch whatever was your go-to line, wasn't the best for me.

And it definitely went down the flames.

But this surely was expected from someone like of my fortune.

I should've already taken the bad hair day as a sign of rough day and that i should've skipped this day already, but... I just had to be stupid, no, I chose to be stupid and thought that I could go on any longer.

But I couldn't. Instead of channelising the inner Emma Watson in me, I had channelised something else which... Just didn't make any sense so to speak.

Feeling blue wasn't the right nor the fortunate thing to commit.

Specially not when Christmas was just about to roll in a few days flourishing people with the festive spirits in them which either was going to be red, green, out of the box option(because people weren't compelled at all to follow the herd. They could be unique too sometimes or all the times), none of the above or all of the above.

My lunch was half spent either eavesdropping on their convos as if it was open to me and was possible the whole time in the cafeteria with hundreds of employees, staff and other workers. (It might've been a pro if this weren't the headquarters, but it sadly was---this was actually way too paradoxical in it's own ways. So unwrapping all the pros and cons of this inc wouldn't be worth it for it would take up almost a large capital receipt which might more come off as someone's post-walmart shopping)

Or it was spent stealing glances of them which wasn't any reliable.

Given the fact that other dear colleagues of mine dropped by to ask me how I was, or how my day had been so far (terrible way to lose my friendship in seconds) or was our boss still single or was seeing someone.

Yes, I admit that choosing personal assistant as a job wasn't something that ambitious people did.

Not when they wanted to build their own dreams instead of building someone's else.

But if you couldn't turn your hobby into reality---then you had to compromise in the meantime.

And so did I, but I was specifically his personal assistant, not everyone's.

So why couldn't they open their sweet eyes and take a look around them?

Why were they so slow to get it that the answer that they had been searching for decades was now in front of them, unfolding itself into bits although it unfolded in chunks when it came to me.

Why couldn't see they what I saw?

Why couldn't they see that the hot search topic of the cafeteria was already on air in front of them & was about to blow up by tomorrow in this whole inc?

Or was it their mission to make me lose my hourglass sanity? If so, then they won.

Historic sand flowing down vertically from the neck upper blub to the lower bulb didn't take long to end anyways.

And mine was special, the sand was up in the neck bulb before people came down to it, held it & shook it so it flowed past the neck bulb in just a second.

And just like it I knew that good things made me sad in a way where it absolutely didn't make sense to me--- it kept on reminding me how much of a paradoxical person i really had been all this while.

But I also couldn't understand why were their thing no different to what I was feeling?

For deliberately reasons, my own thoughts had brainwashed me into falling for this whole bait and freakin' act like a god darn it side female main
character who thought she was past her feelings for the main male character when she wasn't a bit because of how retro she was.