CHAPTER 24* A FISH OUT OF WATER

ERICA'S POV
I thought power naps are meant to be short but in my case it wasn't. I slept in my whole flight journey and still I was feeling lethargic. Nonetheless I felt at ease when i stepped at the Paris airport. Felt luxurious to me. On the contrary Steven was bristled with rage for god knows what reason. Is he always this irksome? Never knew your boss could be this annoying! Infact he is more annoying than my mom's nagging.

I clicked some aesthetic and some blurred photos to capture the memories so i could relive them when I was done with the trip. And with that we left the airport and were on the way to our suite. Steven is for sure something. The fact that Steven was welcomed with a limousine got me a bit carried away.

He was without a doubt living his life to the fullest. Limousine felt heavenly to me. Never in my life thought i was gonna experience this kind of ecstasy. Had I known this before i would have come prepared. I guess these kinds of fancy things arrives impromptu. And since this fancy things were mediocre to him, he wasn't bothered at all. Infact he was as cool as a cucumber.

Now it was time to check in the most beautiful suite that i had witnessed in my whole life. The spacious reception with a board hanged at the top that had the suite's initials were just exotic. As Steven was having a conversation with the receptionist regarding our check in i was just stunned as i began strolling the suite.

The massive antiques hung up on top, tons of plants kept at the reception, full sized luxury facilities with full service accommodations & amenities such as massive pool, spa, gym, crisp dining & many more had me awestruck. Their theme was definitely nature as everything about the suite & the reception was enticing. Never in my life had i experienced this wonderful paradise. I was just dazed to be honest.

"Miss Erica isn't this your job? Why am I the one doing it?" Back from my own trance i quickly motioned towards the reception.

"My apologies mr williams but I have absolutely no idea about this trip. Had i known this before i would have come prepared and would have looked into the accommodation." I quickly performed the apologised gesture and as our eyes locked he rolled his eyes and looked away.

"Fine, I'll let this thing slide for now. But let me get this straight, you must do your job right or you're fired the next time." He folded his arms around his chest and proceeded with the accommodation with the receptionist.

"Mr Williams we are extremely sorry to say that their is only one room available at the moment." Said the receptionist whilst browsing her computer with an apologetic look on her face.

"What do you mean their is only one room? I booked two separate rooms as far as I am concerned. Do you guys need more cash? I can give it you but I want two rooms now," He freaked out & so I did. I can't even tolerate him for a few minutes how can I share a room with him?

"No, I can't share a room with this airhead for god sake! You guys must be having an extra room where I can be accommodated. " Oh Jesus Christ this wasn't happening now was it? Why me and him together? This things were just so freaky.

"We are extremely ashamed to announce that we don't have extra room at the moment. However for compensation we have accommodated you guys to room no. 609 which is more than enough for two people. "
With that she handed the keys to us with a brief smile on her face. How could she? So now i have no choice but to share a room with him. Steven moved heaven and earth but in the end all his vain went down the hill.

So to sum it up we both felt like a fish out of water in our suite for a while. We both were so clumsy and awkward that we bumped into each other while strolling here and there in our sweet suite! So since i had nothing else to do i began to disassemble my luggage just to pass time. Just a few minutes with him felt like decades to me. Someone had to take the initiative to break the wall of silence between us.