CHAPTER 2* SURPRISE

Erica's POV

Nah! It is very unlikely of me to fall in love. Oh come on! How can a cool person like me ever fall in love? I questioned myself. I mean that is so impossible.

"Here , come!" Mr Williams squeaked as he lent his helping hands to me.

"Sure!" I exclaimed as I grasped his hand.

"Well my bad Mr Williams" I apologised.

"No it's not your fault!" he murmured.

" Someone needs to stay in their boundaries!" he exclaimed as he glared at linda.

"Whatever!"  she exclaimed and walked out of the corridor, as her heels made a clacking sound it felt as if she was annoyed at us. I could sense that something dreadful was about to happen!

Nevertheless I acknowledged Mr Williams for hiring me in their company. "It's not a big deal!"  he uttered.

"We only hire those who are proficient at their work and you are one of them." he remarked. 

"So it is your industriousness that got you the job." He grinned.

"Furthermore tomorrow you have to  report at 9:00 Am sharp you got that right?" He questioned me.

"Roger that!"   I exclaimed.

"Perfect!"  he sighed and walked out of the corridor.

Although I was happy about the job but i was pessimistic at the same time,  because let's be honest i have severe insomnia, because of which i can't sleep at night and once I doze off i can't get up early in the morning which is so annoying.

However let's not neglect the fact that i got the job for the first time ever In my life.

I should definitely apprise my mom about this but in a distinctive way.
She is gonna be so proud of me.

As I head to go home, I stop by a shop nearby our house, to acquire some egg tarts  for my mom on my way back home.

"Mom I am home!" I squeak as I shut the door.

"Hey sweetheart! How was your day? Wait! What's with your long face?" She questioned me.

"My day was just fine I guess!"  I sigh as I looked depressed on purpose.

"Hey, sweetheart it's just fine. I can totally understand don't fret just work  harder next time alright!" Uttered Mom cheering me up.

"But for now I made you your favourite pancakes!" Grinned mom.

"Alright!" I reply.

"Erica it's fine alright let bygones be bygones!"  She remarked.

Mom headed inside the kitchen to serve me pancakes while I sneaked too into the kitchen to surprise her. So I grasped her waist from behind.

"Mom guess what? I got the job it was a prank!"  I exclaimed as I was over the moon.

"Oh my gosh!" mom gasped as she was in a jovial mood. 

"Look what I got you your favourite Egg tarts."

"Thanks sweetie!"  she remarked.

"Here, your favourite pancakes served in three layers with a vanilla scoop on top , Maple syrup to add sweetness to it. Pancakes tossed in butter. A crisp exterior & soft airy interior. To top it off cranberries are garnished!"