Peace And Quiet

Zeke walked into the room with Felix trailing behind him. Zeke still had the same worried look on his face as he did when he left. Felix... didn't seem as worried.

Harmony helped me sit up in bed. I looked between Zeke and Felix. "Well? How is he?"

Zeke sat down in a chair across the room from me and leaned back with a sigh. "Nothing's changed since the last time I checked in. He's still... unconscious."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "What do you mean by that?"

"The doctor says he's in stable condition. He's hurt and slowly recovering. His wounds will heal. But he's not in the clear completely. Everett did a lot of damage."

"I need to see him."

Harmony put a hand on my arm. "Blair, you're not healthy enough to go."

I pushed her away. "I'm tired of waiting."

"Blair, enough."

I growled and focused my gaze on Zeke. "You're not the boss of me."

Zeke stood up and pushed the chair away from him. It was clear that he was tired of me arguing with him. "Oh yeah? Who do you think gets left in charge when the Alpha is out of commission?" Harmony took a step back which gave Zeke the space to get closer to me.

"Did you seem to forget that I'm the Luna of this pack?"

"You think I give a shit?"

I shoved Zeke away from me, getting him out of my face. An intense burst of pain shot through my arm and I cried out in pain. I cradled my arm against my chest as the pain slowed and eased away.

Felix pushed Zeke back and stood between the two of us. "That's enough. Both of you. Christian doesn't need the two of you fighting right now."

Zeke glared at Felix. "Get off of me."

Harmony walked over to Zeke and put her hands on his chest. "Hey, Felix is right. Do you need to go for a walk?"

He dropped his gaze to Harmony and it softened. His shoulders relaxed and he shook his head.

She raised onto her tip-toes and kissed him. She whispered something in his ear that I couldn't hear from where I was.

"I just want to see him. I won't hurt him."

Harmony looked back at me. "Zeke... what if..."

He shook his head and his expression hardened once more. "No, absolutely not. Christian needs peace and quiet right now. Not this."

"I promise I won't... I need to see him."

Zeke looked at Harmony once more before he sighed. "Fine. But I'm getting a doctor involved. No way you're putting yourself in harm's way if I can help it."

Felix raised a brow. "Do you really think this is a good idea?"

"Christian might get better if Blair is near. I think he needs her right now," Harmony said.

"She's in no shape to be leaving."

Harmony narrowed her eyes at him. "We'll let the doctor decide that."

"I really think we should-"

"It's not like I'm leaving the hospital."

Felix pursed his lips. He was losing the fight and he knew it. Zeke came back in with the doctor before he could say anything more.

"Blair, it's good to see you awake. I'm Dr. Jamison. My staff and I have been tending to your needs while you've been here. Zeke said you're ready to get out of bed and go see Christian."

I nodded. "Please."

She nodded and clasped her hands in front of her. "Give my staff a few minutes to come in and remove the IV from your arm and get you ready to discharge. Zeke can walk you down the hall to Christian's room."

"Thank you."

"Dr. Jamison, do you really believe it's in Blair's best interest to be leaving after everything she's been through?" Felix asked.

Dr. Jamison turned to look at him. She raised a brow at his words. "And you would be?"

"Felix. Dr. Felix Dawson."

"Well, Felix. This is my hospital and Blair is my patient. I appreciate your input but I'm doing what is best for my patient at this time."

He frowned and stuck his hands in his pockets. Clearly, he wasn't happy with not getting his way.

Dr. Jamison left the room and it wasn't long before two nurses walked in. They came to either side of me and removed the IV from my arm. They took off the monitors and shut down the machines.

Harmony handed me a stack of folded clothes. I was surprised to see my shoes on the top of the stack. "I brought some clothes for you to change into."

"Thank you. Really. I don't know what I'd do without your help."

She smiled. "Don't worry about it. I'm glad I can help you in some way. Go ahead and get changed. If you need any help, just yell for me."

I held the clothes to my chest as I got out of bed and made my way to the bathroom. I set the clothes on the counter by the sink and reached behind me with my good hand to untie the string that held the hospital gown in place.

I struggled to pull the right strings. I didn't know what I was doing and I couldn't see around my back to tell what I was doing wrong. I groaned and stared up at the ceiling for a minute.

"Harmony, can you help me?"

Harmony opened the door and slid inside quickly. She came up behind me and untied the strings with ease. She helped me change into the tank top and jacket combination she'd brought. I was able to put the leggings on myself.

I looked down at the outfit I was in and then at Harmony in the mirror. "Are these your clothes?"

She nodded. "I didn't have a chance to stop at the mansion and get anything of yours. Do they fit okay?"

I nodded. I was surprised they did. Ever since I was bit, my body had changed and I had more defined features than I was used to. I couldn't wear any of Madison's clothes so I was surprised I could wear Harmony's.

"I know we're not the same size so I tried finding things that were stretchy just in case. The Goddess didn't give me much but you can thank my girls for the top fitting."

I rolled my eyes.

"Are you ready?"

I nodded. I was definitely ready to go see Christian.