Mother and daughter.

On the porch of Scathach's mansion, two women were enjoying the tranquil mood of Nightingale's endless night. If strangers looked at them, they would think the women were sisters because of their identical appearance, but they could barely imagine that they were actually mother and daughter.

"Mother... Be honest with me..." Ruby spoke in a neutral voice.

"Hmm?" Scathach looked at her daughter.

"Why are you interested in my Darling?" She looked into her mother's eyes for answers. Ruby knew that her mother was interested in people with great powers; an example of this is Siena, her eldest adoptive sister. In the past, Siena showed great potential, and because of that, her mother adopted her.

Victor's potential is obvious; this is undeniable. Ruby still remembers the day that Victor assumed the form of 'Count Vampire' with only the awakening of powers, this kind of potential only appeared in the children of the King Vampire and Count vampires.

But if it were a small interest, Ruby would understand, but... Her interest in Victor is very abnormal, she went so far as to build an entire coliseum just for Victor. Building a coliseum was not cheap, and especially hiring witches for the service.

"..."

Scathach's neutral face suddenly changed into a big smile, "Ah~, my sweet and beloved daughter, my precious little Ruby. You really have no idea what you've got yourself into, huh?"

"...?" Ruby didn't expect this response from her mother.

Scathach gets up from the chair she was sitting in, and slowly she walks to the front of the chair where Ruby was sitting, she kneels in front of her daughter and lightly touches her daughter's face:

"Look at you, so young, so innocent, so pure, like a little red flower that's just growing~. I always had concerns that someone might try to deceive you," She started to caress her daughter's face.

"M-Mother?" Ruby didn't understand her mother's sudden reaction.

"Because of that, I was always overprotective of you. Who knew I could feel like this soon…" Scathach placed a hand on her chest, and her face showed a little disdain, "In the past, I hated that feeling, but… It's not so bad..."

"..." Ruby looked at her mother's expression without understanding anything. In moments like this, when she was frustrated with herself, she always said that she understood her mother, but in the end, she couldn't understand anything.

"...Mother, are you running away from the question?" Ruby asked

"..." Scathach exhibited a gentle smile, she looked at her daughter and stroked her face again:

"Who knows? Maybe I am, you know, right? I'm an old person, and I get emotional easily."

"..." Ruby looks at her mother's smile with neutral eyes; 'Again, she always evades questions, she's like a slippery eel, she never gave me a satisfactory answer, how can I try to understand her if she doesn't say anything? I'm not psychic!... This is frustrating…'

Since she was a little girl, Ruby has always felt like this. Just when she thought that she understood her mother, something happened that made her realize that she really didn't understand anything about her mother. For a child who wanted to be closer to her mother, it was frustrating, that was annoying!... And most importantly, that was lonely...

Scathach flashes a loving smile and tugs on both of Ruby's cheeks.

"Fua~!? S-Stop."

Scathach lets go of her daughter's chubby cheeks. "My little Ruby... Don't try to understand me; you'll end up going crazy just like me," She strokes her daughter's head.