like mother, like daughter. (2 )

Arriving at Violet's mansion, Ruby's car pulled into the garage.

Luna got out of the car, opened the door for Ruby, and, just as Ruby got out of the car, Luna stood in front of Ruby protectively.

"Lady Ruby Scarlett," A vampire who was Violet's servant, spoke in a neutral, respectful tone.

"Luna, what are you doing?" Ruby asked.

"Sorry, I acted unconsciously," Luna smiled apologetically.

"Hmm," Ruby looked at Luna and thought; maybe she's thinking about that incident still?

A Maid who failed to protect her master must have affected Luna's mind in some way.

Deciding that she must solve this problem in the future, Ruby looks at the man, "Where are the prisoners?"

"Follow me," The man spoke as he started walking.

Ruby followed the man as she was accompanied by Luna, who walked behind her in silence and eyed the man cautiously. The two women followed the man into a dark basement that was lit only by torches.

"The prisoners are in this room," The man spoke as he pointed to a door, and then he disappeared.

"He's still around," Luna warned in a low voice.

"I know," Ruby said.

Ruby wasn't too worried, these vampires were Violet's servants, and they didn't have the balls to do her any harm. Unlike some hunters who underestimate Scathach's strength and madness, vampires knew all too well how crazy that woman could be.

And Ruby wasn't weak either, she was trained by her mother, and there's a massive difference between a hunter with the rank of a general and those vampires who are only good for cannon fodder.

Ruby walks through the door, and the first thing she sees is Jimmy and Thomas, two budding hunters who were captured by Violet and Victor; they were playing cards in a very relaxed way.

She looks around and realizes that there is a lot of food lying around. 'They are feeding the pigs,' She thought.

"Mister Vampire? Did you bring more food? Thank you so much, you can let-" Jimmy spoke, but he stopped talking as he looked toward the door.

"Hmm? Who are you?" Thomas asked as he turned away.

"Idiot!" Jimmy hit Thomas on the head.

"Ouch! Stop hitting my head, Dick-head!" Thomas yelled angrily.

Jimmy ignores Thomas and says, "Long red hair, and accompanied by a white-haired maid, and they're both vampires, how come you don't know them!?"

"...?" Thomas looked at Jimmy, confused.

"…I know what I know, and I don't know what I don't know." He snorted.

"...." Jimmy was speechless.

Jimmy sighed and ignored Thomas completely.

He gives Ruby a fake smile and says, "Lady Ruby Scarlett, daughter of the most powerful female vampire in the world, Countess Scathach Scarlett, what do I owe your visit to this humble place?"

"!!!" Hearing what Jimmy said, Thomas opened his eyes in shock, and then he eyed Ruby warily.

Ads by Pubfuture

"Hmm," Ruby puts her hand to her chin like she's thinking about what to do. For her, these hunters weren't even worth her time. She's just here in front of these hunters because she wants to sort out the loose ends that her husband and her friend left in this town, she could clearly see that they were novice hunters; they wouldn't give her a lot of useful information.