Awakening

Night...

I open my eyes and get up from my bed. I hold my throat, feeling an unbearable thirst. This time I felt like I couldn't control myself; I feared for my family's life, that I would do something myself, an action I would regret forever.

I open the window, position myself at the edge, and jump.

I don't know how much force I put in, but I felt the window frame crack a little, and soon I was in heaven...

At night, I felt stronger, my senses increased. Before, I could hear my whole neighborhood, but now I don't know what the limit is. I also had no control over my feelings. I actually tried to control myself, but the bloodlust was holding me back; it was like I tried to drive a car, but I was too drunk to achieve any control.

I was freaking out from the smell of blood; I need blood... I need blood!! Without me realizing it, sharp fangs started to grow in my mouth.

I fell on top of a building, and felt the crash of concrete breaking, but I ignored it and ran towards the stronger smell of blood.

I don't know how long it took, my consciousness was almost fading, but I did my best to keep my consciousness active. I refuse to become an animal overpowered by thirst! Soon, I was in a dark alley. Slowly, my world starts to change to the color of blood, and soon I see four silhouettes.

Three men, and one woman, two men are holding the woman's arms, and another man is holding a knife to the woman's neck. I looked at the hearts of the three men as if watching prey; they looked just like my mother's, with the only difference being that the light of their hearts was weaker.

"Hey, who are you? Get out of here!" They said something, but I didn't care.

I looked at the woman, and realized she was weird. She didn't have a red light in her heart. Did she have a red light in her neck? For some reason, women attracted me more than men.

One of the men walks towards me with a knife in his hand, he approaches me but stops walking when I look at him. Without my noticing, a predatory smile appeared on my face, and in that smile, they could see that my teeth looked sharper than a normal human. My teeth looked like a shark's, teeth that could easily tear through flesh and bones, and that sight startled the three bandits.

The bad guys' faces started to change, they looked like they saw their worst nightmare manifested in front of them.

"M-Monster" The thug who was holding the woman spoke, he tried to run away, but he couldn't; he was paralyzed.

My smile grows abnormally when I feel the fear of the bad guys. I walked calmly towards them, they couldn't get away. By the time they looked into my eyes, they were already trapped like pigs being brought to the slaughter.

With a display of supernatural speed, I appear in front of the bad guy with the knife. With a speed that he can't react to, I pierced his chest with my hand and pulled out his heart.

Holding the man's heart in my hand, I felt the heart beating in an attractive rhythm; but for some reason, the man's blood didn't interest me. I opened my hands and the man's heart dropped to the ground.

"H-Huh...?" The movement I made was so fast that the bandit's own body didn't have time to react to what happened. All the bandit saw at the end of his life was the predatory smile and red eyes of the freak that attacked him.