Chapter 36: Under the Hat PT I

Written By: VinyScratch7

Tap, tap, tap, a pencil's beat, in the cafe, a solitary seat.Outside the glass, his gaze is cast, as joyous echoes from the past.Tap, tap, tap, in his own domain, he scribes his thoughts, a hidden lane.With a blink, his dreams take wing, in worlds unknown, unseen in spring.Tap, tap, tap, the rhythm's his guide, while Team RWBY sits in quiet pride.Unmoved, unshaken, his focus stays, in his own world, his own maze.To his left, Team JNPR's cheer, near RWBY, their laughter clear.Tap, tap, tap, as scenes unfold, Beacon's bully, brash and bold.Cardin Winchester, thorn of strife, stoking memories of a troubled life.Visions of torment, harsh and grim, in his mind, they swim and brim.Tap, tap, tap, his anger's flame, at Cardin's grin, always the same.The final tap, loud and deep, a breath taken, his calm to keep.

In the midst of joy, his gaze shifts right, to Y/N L/N alone, a lonely sight. A rich one, like Weiss, so it's said, in wealth and privilege bred. Tap, tap, tap, his thoughts drift away, to lives of gold and skies of gray.

A glance to left, Team CFVY near, his anger fades, replaced by cheer. A faunus girl, with bunny ears, her smile bright, dispels his fears. His cheeks flush red, a bashful scene, he looks away, to keep unseen.

Then, a splat! Cold on his neck, mashed potatoes, what the heck? Laughter rings, cruel and mean, behind him stands Cardin, the bully's sheen. Mocking words, sharp and vile, "Buckteeth, freak!" with a sneer and smile.

"What will you do?" Cardin jeers, amidst the laughs, the taunts, the sneers. The student turns, his fist clenched tight, amidst the scorn, his inner fight. His gaze back down, his spirit frayed, as laughter echoes, unswayed.

In fury's grip, the student stood, his anger boiling, misunderstood. Imagining Cardin's painful end, a vengeful thought, he couldn't fend. But then, a voice, clear and strong, "Hey Cardin, knock it off," it wronged.

Coco spoke, Team CFVY's lead, against the bully's hateful deed. Cardin scoffed with scornful air and looked at Velvet hiding, in despair. "Faunus freak," his taunt so cruel, igniting rage, as anger's fuel.

The student, now with fury laced, slammed the desk, his heartbeat raced. "Give it a rest, Cardin," he dared, Coco and Cardin, both pairs stared. Fear and anger, mixed within, his brave front masking turmoil's spin.

Cardin, smiling, stood to jest, "Black Teeth Freak, you think you're best?" Eye contact, the student failed, his fear and fury both unveiled. Spitting on the student's plate, Cardin's malice filled with hate.

"Eat it up, freak," the bully jeered, as the spit in mashed potatoes leered. Rage surged, a violent tide, thoughts of ripping, hard to hide. Then, Y/N's voice, cold and clear, "Give it a rest," to Cardin's leer.

Cardin, shaken, felt a chill, Y/N tone, a warning's thrill. "Last warning, back off," Y/N said, Cardin's bravado filled with dread. Dismissing fear with a scoff and stride, with his gang, he left his pride.

Cardin gone, the student sat, his anger fading, just like that. Back to his world, his thoughts, his dream, a quieter scene, a gentler theme. A tap, a touch upon his shoulder, he looks up, feeling bolder.

There stands Coco, with a nod, "Hey, nice job," her words not flawed. Velvet smiles, her wave so kind, sets his heart aflutter, entwined. Pencil in hand, his book agape, in their exit, his thoughts reshape.