𝟷𝟺 || 𝙱𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚝

Start from the beginning

My friend nodded before the two of us continued to eat our sweets. Even if it tasted well the feelings of guilt were the only thing filling my stomach. It had been days since she had properly talked to me and then on top of that I absolutely terrified her at the meeting.

I've caused her too much unnecessary stress in a world throwing it at her already.

So with a sigh I placed the chocolate wrapper down and apologized, "I'm sorry."

She paused her chewing, "What?"

"I'm sorry for sneaking over the wall," I looked down at my nails as I picked the nothingness from underneath. "I just wanted to get some air and didn't think of your feelings. I'm sorry."

"Juliet," Michonne sighed. "You don't have to apologize for anything. I shouldn't have taken my anger out on you. I took you under my care but... I have no say on what you do. I'm not your mom."

I noticed the sorrow in the last sentence, making me reach over and grab her hand, "Doesn't make you any less important," I squeezed her hand. "Your feelings should be valued. I should've told you."

Michonne placed her other hand on top of ours, patting them a few times, "Thank you, Jewels."

The two of us sat there for a moment before asking the hard questions, "How's it out there? Tense?"

The woman huffed, pulling away, "That's one way of putting it. Rick's handling it. Took Morgan out to dispose of... waste," I didn't need to read her cringe to understand what was being disposed of past the wall.

Rick made it very clear on how things were going to be around here and if I've learned anything from the church months ago, Rick didn't believe in burying his enemies. So Ron's father was definitely being fed to the walkers as we spoke.

"Ah," I nodded. "So that dude Daryl and Aaron brought in yesterday was named Morgan?"

She nodded, only making me even more confused. The moment Rick and this man made eye contact it was as if he'd seen a ghost. Telling him that he was right. Right about what though?

"Was he from the prison?" I couldn't help but ask.

She shook her head, "No. Not really. He was a guy Rick met early on. They weren't together long."

"But he was right about something. Rick said it very upsettingly but kept repeating it," I looked up at Michonne as I noticed her becoming rather uncomfortable. "What was it?"

Michonne glanced away from me as I noticed her fingers starting to play with one another, making me only more confused. I was sick of being left in the dark, so I started to press her, "You also told me you didn't want to lose a third kid, but you've told me you only had Andre," I sighed. "It's connected isn't it?"

She started to rub her lips with the top of her freshly brushed teeth, making me press her more, "His name was Carl wasn't it?"

Michonne's eyes quickly locked with mine as a small face of horror and sorrow was shown, "How do... how do you know that name?"

"I've uh... heard it a couple of times," I admitted. "He was Rick's son wasn't he?"

Michonne didn't speak for a moment. Tears started to fall down her cheek before being dragged away by her shaking hands, "Yeah. Yeah he was," still a fresh wound on her heart no doubt.