𝟷𝟷 || 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙾𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚛

°˖✧✿✧˖°Juliet

°˖✧✿✧˖°
Juliet

I couldn't help but pace back and forth in my room as I tried my best to secure my room. The illusion of faux safety Alexandria was trying to create was immediately shattered once I found the truth, or rather lack of Shane in the community.

Once I was called crazy by basically all of my peers I went to Deanna asking what the hell was going on. At first Rick was extremely concerned by what I said till Deanna asked when I met this so-called Shane. Then when I mentioned how I met him after my very first full drink the two gave each other a stupid knowing look.

They chalked it up to me being a little tipsy and seeing things, but that still didn't explain my cast being signed. When I tried to explain to him my concern Michonne then chimed in saying I was so sloshed I most likely wrote it myself in order to avoid another scolding, which in all honesty is something I'd probably do.

Still it didn't stop me from feeling a sense of dread as I stood in my cushy space. He felt so real that it was rather hard to just accept it was some sort of figment of my imagination. I understood I was alone for quite some time but I didn't think I was at that level of insanity just yet.

I knew people were starting to trust this place as the days went on but this sudden Shane debacle sent me over the edge. Before bed I made sure to triple check all of our entrances and potential blind spots. Locking all the doors and windows, closing all curtains so no one living or potentially dead could see inside and even placing a variety of makeshift weapons in hidden locations of my home. A little overboard but you could never be too safe.

After my third walkthrough of my home, making Daryl stare at me weirdly the entire time, I went back into my bedroom to hopefully catch some shuteye. Stripping my bed of its blankets I brought them towards the corner of my room, close to the window and curled myself up.

"You know I'm sure the bed would be much more comfortable than the carpeted floor, don't you?" my eyes snapped open once I heard that dreadful voice once more. There right above me was the one and only Shane in the sheriff hat looking down at me, cocky as ever, "You that scared of bedbugs, Gemstone?"

I silently screamed as I kicked him in the shin, making him yelp as he fell straight to the floor. Pulling out my blade I quickly got on top of him, straddling him, as my knife rested against his Adams Apple. Though his face never lost his smirk once I met his crystal blue eyes, "Damn, Juliet. At least take me out to dinner first," he chuckled.

His chill attitude only enraged me more as I pressed the cold steel harder into his throat. He let out a small gasp as his hands came up in surrender, "Not really in the mood for jokes, eh?"

I continued to glare as I threatened him, "Give me one reason why I shouldn't kill you."

"Because if you do, you are depriving this world of its last good looking guy," he flashed his perfectly white teeth, making me even more enraged.