𝟢𝟹 || 𝙱𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙾𝚗𝚒𝚘𝚗

°˖✧✿✧˖°Juliet

°˖✧✿✧˖°
Juliet

I spent a good majority of the afternoon tracing the multiple scratches carved into the hardwood. Feeling the deep cuts almost one with the boards that stretched throughout the entire structure.

My stomach turned at the unknown story behind it.

So when I was handed a bucket spilling over with more food than I could imagine and told to bring it inside I couldn't help but become a little hesitant of entering.

You will burn for this

"What do you think?" My hands rested on the backs on my hips as the man looked at the back carving.

Rick only responded with a huff as his thumb brushed against the carved words.

After the group returned from a successful run I was able to pull Rick away from the others to show him what I'd found.

"I looked around the whole structure as well. There's many deep scratches by the window," I added, pointing to it with my thumb.

"Could it've been walkers?" He asked.

"I don't think so," I shook my head. "They all seem pretty narrow and deep, like knives. Walker scratches are bigger."

The man let out a sigh and took his hand off of the church, "You tell anyone else about this?"

My messy hair swished around as I shook my head again, "I thought you should be the first to know. I didn't want to cause any type of panic when you were out."

"Okay. I'll talk to them about it later," he brushed off the chipped paint that stuck to his fingers. "I don't know what happened, but whatever it is, we can handle it. Doesn't mean Gabriel is a bad guy for sure, but it means something."

"Okay."

"Come on," he patted my shoulder and motioned me to move, "Hungry?"

I nodded.

"Good," he said, staying right behind me as we entered the church. "Because we've got crates full."

Inside the group was digging into the tubs, pulling out more food than I'd seen in years, "Wow," my jaw fell at the sight. It was everywhere, on the pews, the floor and an old table Gabriel pulled out from the back.

The transition to only canned goods was surprisingly easy for me, unlike most people at my first camp, because I grew up on canned food.