𝟢𝟸 || 𝚂'𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙷𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚑𝚎𝚢𝚜

°˖✧✿✧˖°Juliet

°˖✧✿✧˖°
Juliet

My fingers squeeze the edges of the granola bar's wrapper making an all too familiar crinkling sound. I kept twisting it around as I reread the flashy branding and long ingredients list.

It had been a few hours and a lot of walking since the group and I were in Terminus. When the sun began to dwindle Rick directed us to a spot by the road where we made camp.

Even though they've made it clear I was one of them now, finding my place wasn't that easy. No one really talked on the way here. Not that I blamed any of them of course, not even I wanted to speak after everything we went through today.

Escaped death due to sheer luck.

I set myself near the centre of the camp, leaning against a tree. The others had already found their spots near their closest companions. Even Rick, who had spent a great deal of time scanning the area, found a place to rest.

I was so confused on what to do now. I thought about talking to Glenn and Maggie, but they seemed to be having a deep conversation. Same with Aberham's trio all discussing DC.

I was a little scared to try and introduce myself to the people who came with Rick, as they both radiated this 'don't fuck with me' energy, and I definitely didn't have any energy to fuck with them.

I also decided to keep my distance from the women who blew up Terminus. She seemed to not like me much, giving these strange almost haunted looks at me.

Maybe she didn't like kids?

And I definitely didn't want to bug the grieving leader as he fed his child. Judging from the scene he caused at the cabin this 'Carl' guy had been very important. And from the way he held his daughter so close I had a good idea about who he was to him.

So I just sat in the dirt, alone, playing with the first grasp of food I've seen in days. Entertaining myself by shifting the wrapper so the remaining sunlight bounced around.

"Wanna trade?" A smooth voice asked.

"Huh?" I looked up, making sure they were talking to me.

Right above me was the girl who came into the train car with Rick. She held up another granola bar and waved it, "I've got a chocolate one," she smiled.

I looked up at her in awe, this was the first time I've seen the woman smile. Her demeanour didn't change, she still looked rather threatening. Even in that rather flattering white collared shirt.