𝟷𝟸 || 𝚂𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚘𝚕

°˖✧✿✧˖°Juliet

°˖✧✿✧˖°
Juliet

"Are you sure you don't want an extra pair of hands?" I used my best pleading eyes. "You of all people know how quick I am on my feet."

Sadly my devilish charm wasn't enough for Glenn as he chuckled with a head shake, "Like I said last time, no."

I huffed, "Come on. I could be a big help out there. I mean I used to help you guys all the time on runs. Why is it different now?"

"Well for starters you still have a broken wrist," he poked my casted right hand. "Pete said to take it easy still. No need to break it any further."

"I can still handle myself. I mean I spent all that time out there already with a broken wrist. Now that it's covered I could do a lot more," I glanced at Maggie who was leaning against the wall. "Maggie tell him."

She chuckled, "I'm sorry Jewels, I'm on his side."

"Wha- why? Is this age discrimination? I survived a full winter on my own at fourteen," I defended myself. "Why is it different now?"

"Because things are different now," she ruffled my hair. "You don't have to go out there now. That's why we did all this."

I groaned, "But I-"

"No buts," Glenn put a finger up. "We can talk about it becoming your job one day but for now just take a breather."

I look him up and down, trying to find any logic to the sentence before asking, "You're scared of Rick and Michonne, aren't you?" I crossed my arms.

"Yep!" He smiled before messing up my hair once more, "Have fun at school for me, kid."

Glenn then reached over and cupped his wife's cheek so he could pull her into a gentle kiss, "I'll see you later."

Maggie chuckled as they parted, "Stay safe. That goes for all of you," she leaned over and told the others getting inside the van.

Tara winked as she pushed Noah inside, "No promises!"

Glenn then sauntered over towards the truck before the group went out of their run. I let out another huff as Maggie placed a hand over my shoulder, "Come on, it's almost noon and you have school."

"Or..." I gave my best pleading smile, "I could shadow you today? I'm sure Deanna wouldn't mind."

She mocked my smile and leaned closer, "Oh she would most definitely mind. She's the one who put you in school and that's where you have to go," she gave me a pat on the back before sending me on my way. "I trust you don't need to be dragged there."