17. Protect You⚔️

Ellie POV

I turn around to the entrance we had just came from and see around 30 armed men. People were screaming and some was also shooting back at them. My eyes wide and panicked. My heart rate was so quick, I could feel my heart pounding.

Jason pulled me out of my panicked state. "We have to get to safety, here now!" He shouted.

Just when I was going to turn to Jason, a very large scary man stood in front of me. He walked closer to me, staring me out. I glared at him for a moment and made a run for Jason in the elevator. As soon as I stepped into the elevator, Jason shut the doors. My breathing deep and laboured. The elevator started to climb up.

Jason suddenly slammed the emergency stop button. The elevator stopped immediately. I quickly shoot him a questioning look. Panicked from the whole situation we was in.

"Relax! I don't know if they are already upstairs. This way we are stuck here until control teams or emergency services get us out. We are safer here than anywhere else" he tells me, sitting down leaning his head back. My lips part, "thank you, y-your right".

We sat in silence for around 5 minutes until I heard quiet crying. I could barely hear it at all. Looking up to Jason, I see tears streaming down his face. So I slide closer to him, so our shoulders are touching. He leans his head down onto my shoulder, "we will be okay jase, I promise" I say softly.

"It's... it's not that" he spoke quietly. Taking a deep breath he continued "my dad died in a raid like this. And killers mom. 2 years ago... it was awful. Me, josh and killian managed to escape though. Through the elevator hatch..."

I listened letting him tell me his story fully. He continued to cry "we thought they got out too. But they didn't... since that day all the 3 of us have done is try to find the man responsible for their deaths...". I can't imagine what they have been through. I lost my mom but that was to cancer and I was a baby. Killian must be absolutely devastated. 

"I mean the amount of them, our team should be able to clear them but this just brought me back to that day 2 years ago. And also I started thinking" he stops taking another deep breath. "What if he lost you today. Like.. he would have no one again. Since you have been around killer has been happy again. I couldn't imagine him depressed again. He wouldn't be able to live through it again" he spoke in between small sobs.

I held his hand, my thumb rubbing his. He pulled his head from off my shoulder and looked at me. Tears still filled his eyes. I showed him a small smile, when the elevator starting moving down.

"Looks like the teams cleared them up" Jason smiled at me back.

As the elevator climbed down we could hear fighting still going on. "What's that noise Jason?" I ask him as the elevator read floor 3 then floor 2.

He frowned as it climbed lower. He stood up and moved over to the buttons. As he went to press the emergency stop again the doors opened wide.

Looking out a few people were still fighting. Shouting and grunting. But one sight I was surprised to see was Carter...

He walked straight up to me, smiling with his arms out. Going in for a hug, I pulled back.

"Why are you here Carter?" I ask him, puzzled in what was going on.

"Look baby, we don't have long but I've come to get you. Bring you home to where you belong" he said and grabbed my hand sharply. I pulled away trying to get out of his grasp.

I heard a quiet click. "Do not touch her. Else I will shoot you." Jason stood there pointing a gun to carters head.

He loosened his grip and I ran behind Jason immediately. "This girl is our queen and I'll protect her with my life" Jason tells him sternly.

Never in a million did I think I'd be hiding behind Jason from Carter. Even though when I first met Jason I thought he was a joker and maybe a little bit of a douche. He's killians friend and wants to protect me.

"Come on baby... come home. I came to get you. Come home to me" Carter pleaded with me, with puppy eyes. Jason tucks me further behind him with his gun free hand.

I open my lips to speak but no words come out. Why would he do this? Hurt these people at their workplace, just to get me home. I told him I wanted to go with killy. Now people may have died because of me.

My eyes start to water, innocent lives. Gone. Because of me.

Staring back at Carter I see him tense and see a mad looking killian standing behind him. He was dressed in a back suit and looked incredible. His face in frown and his hair ruffled a little.

He walked over to Carter slowly with power and authority. Then he suddenly pulls out a gun from his waistband. Carter goes to speak when Joshua and a women I do not know knock him to his knees.

I see killian behind him and slowly put the gun to the side of carters head. "How dare you come here and act the way you have! You are nothing but a sad little boy who can't take no for an answer" killian speaks down to him, still frowning. He should stop doing that else he'll get wrinkles...

He makes the gun click and Joshua sees me "there she is boss".

Killian eyes land straight on my instantly. That eye contact he does drives me crazy.

He pulls the gun away, standing up straight. "Take him to the basement, else go to see him later. You know what to do" he tells Joshua and the women. She looked very strong.

Killian takes not even a second before running to me.

He Ran to me.

Ran.

Pulling me into his arms. I jump up and hook my legs around his waist. My arms wrap around his neck. I see Jason smirk and leave the elevator. Killian forces his tongue into my mouth. I kiss him back hardly. God i can't want him right now I was just upset. People have probably died.

We continue the passionate kiss, killian grabbing the back of my head. Pushing me harder into him. He walks us over to the elevator buttons and pushes the penthouse floor.

When the elevator doors open he walks us out, our lips still together. Our tongues fighting for dominance. He wins every time though. I open my eyes for a second to see a house apartment.

I pull back from the kiss. "Killian this is massive" I tell him shocked. "It's just here in case I have to work late and sleep here" he tells me staring into my eyes. He swipes a loose bit of my hair behind my ear and kisses my forehead. "I thought I was going to loose you" his eyes sadden. I shake my head "no I'm okay. Jason looked after me" I smile up at him.

"Jason is going to get it bad. He should never of even brought you here. It's not nice here pretty girl. It's dark and harsh. You are opposite of that. Your warm, kind and bright. I didn't want you anywhere near here" he kisses me gently. Pressing him lips into mine.

"Killy is everyone okay down there?" I ask him.

"Just injured badly. But healable. One died though" he says to me. My lips open in shock.

"Don't worry baby, he was a total idiot. He won't be missed" he says a light smile on his lips.

I blink a few times. "But Killy he was still a person".

He smirks, kissing me again. "Baby let's go and pray for him then..." he smiles even more. What's he thinking and why's he smiling.

Pray to him?

He takes my hand into his and walks into a bedroom. With a huge bed in the middle of it.

"I never knew you was religious Killy" I say to him.

"I'm not..."

Authors note 📝

Big chapter I think... you will love the next one😌

Killian can have me anytime I swear to godddd. Anyways much love everyone. I f'ing love your comments, they make me laugh so bad 😭

Next chapter out soon 😘

Shadow xx