Twenty nine- surprise attack and raid

Yamamoto lay in his bed, staring at the ceiling. He thought back to what Hinata had said days ago.

"Why was my future self in the middle of a cemetery?" She'd said.

He grimaced. He couldn't stop wondering about that. Why? He wondered. He hadn't seen her often these past few days either, since he had been busy training with Reborn. He wondered how she was doing, and what she had been up to lately.

Tomorrow, they would be launching the raid to attack the enemy's hideout. He glanced at the clock. It was almost twelve. He should be asleep by now... He sighed.

There was a loud bang, an explosion. A big one, by the sounds of it. Yamamoto got up quickly, getting dressed.

What was happening??

~~~

Hinata woke up at the sound of the loud explosion. She got dressed quickly, grabbing her knives as she went out. She saw Yamamoto and the others running past to a room. She followed them quietly.

"What's going on?" Tsuna asked.

"It's a surprise attack by the enemy!" Gianini said. "It appears to be a large force."

"Hibari has already gone to receive them." Reborn said. Hinata felt her blood run cold. Her brother was fighting a large armed force. Alone?! "Hibari has single handedly engaged the enemy forces presently concentrated up there. Thanks to that, they will not have sufficient men to spare both here and in their hideout." He continued. "If you want to repay Hibari for his actions, you must make your raid a victory."

Hinata's ears perked up at the mention of the word. Raid?

"You know very well how strong Hibari is, don't you Tsuna?" Reborn asked.

"....I understand." Tsuna said. "Gianini-san, please open the hatch!"

She stepped aside as they ran past her to the hatch. After they left, she went inside the room. Reborn didn't look surprised as she walked in. "You were outside the whole time, weren't you, Hinata?" He asked. "Then I suppose you know what's going on right now."

"They'll be fine,right?" She said, taking a deep breath.

"They will." Reborn said. "Now. I need you to look after Haru, Kyoko and the kids. Bianchi will join you shortly." He looked at her. "Ok?"

She nodded. "Tell me when they get back." She said, heading off to Kyoko and Haru's room.

~~~

Hinata sat in the corner of the kitchen.

The enemy force had been defeated a while ago, and Hibari,Kusakabe and Chrome had joined the others, heading to the enemy base for the raid.

She sighed, burying her face in the cushion in her hands. It was taking so long! The door to the conference room had been locked shut, so she couldn't go in to check on their status. Kyoko and Haru were sleeping right now.

She bit her lip,worried. What if something went wrong?

The door opened, and Kirika walked in. "Hinata, you're in here?" She asked. "Why didn't you go back to sleep?"

She laughed. "How can I sleep at a time like this?" She asked.

"Hmm, good point." Kirika said, walking over to the fridge. She took out a bottle of beer. "Want some?" She asked.

Hinata looked at the bottle in disgust. "No."

"Your loss." She said, drinking it down.

"Have you...gone inside that room?" She asked.

"Nope." She said. "I'm not allowed in, even if I am an adult." She chugged down another mouthful of the drink. "Technically, I'm not officially a part of the vongole, so..."

"Then, what are you?"

"I'm a professional hacker." She replied. "I accept work from anywhere, as long as I get the pay check. Of course, the vongole are still my number one priority." She said. "Always help a friend in need."

"I see..." Hinata got up. "I should go and practice...it might help me keep my mind off the raid until they get back." She said. "See you later, Kirika."

~~~

"Hinata-chan...."

Hinata groaned, rolling over. "Lemme alone.." She murmured.

"Hinata-chan!" Kyoko and Haru called.

"Ugh.." Hinata opened her eyes. "Wh-?" She sat up quickly, looking around her. "Oh. I fell asleep in the training room.." She murmured.

"Hinata-chan!" Haru called. "Come on, get up!"

"What..? Are they back yet?" She asked.

"No, not yet." Kyoko said. Hinata sighed. "Come on, lets go!" She said, hauling her to her feet.

"Where are we going?" She asked as she pulled her along.

"Outside!" Haru said. "Bianchi and the others are going outside, so we're going with them."

"Where?!"

Haru and Kyoko ignored her, pulling her along. They went out with Bianchi and the others, and Hinata looked around her. She recognised the shopping district and its shops. They stopped at a road,waiting for the green light.

She looked up across the road, her eyes meeting his familiar brown ones. His eyes widened and a smile started to spread across her face.

The light turned green.

"Takeshi!"

___________________

Boring chapter, I know...sorry >_<