Twenty seven- grief

Rain poured down,soaking everything in the cemetery.

Yamamoto knelt in front of the newly placed headstone, that bore the name of the woman he had loved. It was a sight he had never wanted to see.

Tsuna walked over to his grieving guardian, placing a hand on his shoulder. Yamamoto shrugged his hand off. "Don't." He said through grit teeth. "This is all my fault."

"Yamamoto-"

"I could've stopped them! I could've saved her!" He raged, punching his fist on the ground in anger. "Why..why did he have to take her from me?!" He shouted.

"Yamamoto,stop!" Ryohei shouted, grabbing his arm. Yamamoto's knuckles were starting to bleed. "Hurting yourself won't do anything."

Footsteps were heard as someone approached them. Someone very, very pissed off. His murderous aura was at least ten times more bloodthirsty than usual, and it was reflected in his glaring eyes. "Herbivore..." Hibari Kyoya growled, striding towards them. He shoved Ryohei aside, grabbing Yamamoto by the collar. "My sister...Hinata is dead?!" He shouted, punching him in the jaw.

"I gave you my sister. I agreed to let her stay with you. And now..." His tonfas were suddenly in his hands as he swung them at Yamamoto. "She is dead!" He shouted.

"Hibari, stop!" Ryohei shouted, stepping forward, trying to stop him as he mercilessly beat Yamamoto up. Hibari flung a punch at Ryohei, knocking him aside. "Stay out of this, Sasagawa." He hissed.

"Hibari!" Gokudera shouted, grabbing Hibari. It was a dangerous move, and he knew it. Hibari slammed his tonfas at Gokudera, loosening his hold. Then, he kicked him in the gut, sending him flying from him.

"Enough of this!!" Tsuna shouted. "Do you honestly think she would want to see you fighting each other like this?!"

Hibari death glared Tsuna. "No." He admitted reluctantly. He relinquished his weapon angrily. "But only this once." He said. He took a deep breath. "Now. Who is the soon to be dead person who did this to my sister?" He growled.

"Byakuran." Yamamoto spat.

"That millefiore bastard..." Hibari cursed. "When I find him, he's going to regret it." He said, walking off.

"Hibari, don't be stupid." Gokudera said. "I don't care how pissed you are, hunting Byakuran down wouldn't change anything!"

Hibari glared at him. "My sister was just murdered by this bastard." He said. "I don't care about what any of you think. You can't stop me. If you try to stop me now, I'll bury you in the ground." He threatened, walking off.

Gokudera glanced at Tsuna. "Tenth, what do we do?" He asked.

He sighed. "What can we do?" He asked. "No one can stop Hibari,now that he's this angry." He glanced at the headstone. "The only one who could stop him isn't here anymore." He said sadly. "There's nothing we can do."

~~~

"After that day, Yamamoto went into depression." Bianchi said. "He stayed inside his room, never came out. We were all worried about him. He'd stay inside, for days, weeks even!"

"And...my brother?" Hinata asked quietly.

"He disappeared." Bianchi said. "Yesterday...was the first time I'd seen him since the funeral."

Hinata looked at the ground.

Kirika looked at her. "Hey, are you ok?" She asked.

Hinata sniffled. "I don't believe this." She held a hand to her face. "Omigawd, I just can't believe it." She said, taking a deep breath. "Ok. This is just...it just sucks." She said. "It sucks to know that your future self is already dead, buried in a coffin, under a headstone." She sighed. "Well, I'm still alive now, at least."

She glanced at the clock on the wall. "Time for lunch." She said, getting up. "I'll see you guys later." She paused. "Bianchi-san?" She said, looking at her. "Could you...keep this a secret, from Takeshi and the others?" She asked.

"Why?"

"I just...I don't really feel like letting them know, for some reason." She shrugged. "So..ok?"

"Yeah, I guess." Bianchi said.

"Great. See ya!"

~~~

Hinata walked over to Hibari's room sector of the base. On the way, she saw a familiar face. "Kusakabe!" She called, running over to him. "I didn't know you were here."

Kusakabe stared at her. "Um.." She snapped her fingers in front of his face. "Oi. I may be dead in the future, but that doesn't mean I enjoy having you gape at me like a fish." She teased.

"Oh. Sorry, Hinata-san." He said. "It's just...I was taken by surprise."

She giggled. "You still keep that hairstyle huh?" She asked, pointing to his hair.

He nodded sheepishly. "Yeah... So, what are you doing here?" He asked. "Are you looking for Kyou-san?"

She nodded.

"He's inside there." He said, nodding towards a door.

"Thanks, Kusakabe. See you later!" She smiled, walking off.

He stared after her, sighing. "How I've missed having you around, Hinata-san." He murmured. "You never change."

Hinata walked through the door. "Kyoya!" She called. She stopped, realising who was sitting next to him. "Ryohei!" She called, running over to him. "Nice to see you're finally here." She grinned.

The future Ryohei blinked. "Hinata..?" A grin spread across his face. "Hinata-chan!" He shouted, messing with her hair.

"Hands off." Hibari said, glaring slightly at Ryohei.

Ryohei sighed, letting go. Hinata reached up and mussed up his hair. "Now we're even." She smiled. "When did you get here anyway?"

"About...an hour ago." He said. "I brought Chrome with me."

"Future or...?"

"The Chrome from your time. She should be in the medical bay right now." He said.

"Ah.."

Hibari cleared his throat. "What are you doing here, Hinata?" He asked.

"Oh! Right. Er..." She looked at him. "I want some training."

Ryohei choked, almost spitting out his tea. Hibari didn't look in the least bit fazed. "Training?" He asked.

"Yeah...I want-" she paused. "I want to improve my fighting skills."

He raised an eyebrow. "Why the sudden request?"

She sighed. "So I can beat the crap out of Byakuran when I meet him?" She said. "Just kidding." She said quickly as his eyes flared. "But I want to have a fighting chance."

"Hinata." Ryohei said. "To have a fighting chance, you need to master the rings,at least. Not just go in fists flying."

"Then teach me!" She said.

"Give me one reason why I should." Hibari said.

She took a deep breath. "What if the millefiore decide to attack the base? When you're away. Then what do you expect me to do?" She asked. "What about Kyoko and Haru? They don't know anything about them. They wouldn't be able to fight."

Hibari sighed. "I hate it when you have a point." He muttered. "Fine."

She smiled. "Thanks, Kyoya." She said, hugging him.

"Get off." He murmured. But he didn't lift a finger to stop her. Ryohei smiled slightly to himself. He'd missed seeing this scene.

A familiar small yellow bird flew towards them. "Hinata! Hinata!" It chirped. Hinata looked up, a huge smile on her face. "Hibird!" She called as it landed on her hand. "Aww, you're still here!" She stroked it gently.

Hibari hid his smile as she fussed over the little bird.