Sixty one- maths quiz (part two)

After lunch, they all went up to Tsuna's room. "So, you're all here for for a maths study session?" Reborn asked.

"Yup!" Hinata said.

"Who's the worst of the lot here?" He asked.

"Me." Tsuna and Hinata both said at the same time.

"Interesting..." Reborn smirked. "Lets have a test to prove just how your skills are, shall we?" He said. "Here's a set of questions. Start."

~~~

(After half an hour of silence from both of them....)

~~~

"This is impossible!" Tsuna shouted. Hinata slammed her fist on the table. "I completely agree!" She yelled. "What sort of maths questions are these, Reborn?!"

"Shut up, both of you." Reborn said, pointing Leon the gun at them. "Are you both idiots? You can't even solve such easy questions."

"EASY?!" They both exclaimed. "What the heck is with all of these x's, y's and square root thingys in these questions??!" Hinata asked.

"The question is about the root of the equation 3xy+y(45-y^2)=0!!" Reborn said.

"3xy......+y(45-....y^2)=0..." Hinatas jaw dropped. "I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you are talking about, Reborn..." She looked at the questions. "And that is the easiest looking question I see on this paper...."

"Well, you'd better start using your brains, because you're not leaving until you're finished." He said calmly, sipping his drink.

"WHAT?!" Hinata shouted. "I protest!"

"Overruled." Reborn said, slamming down Leon the hammer on top of a brick, which broke into two. "Now get to work."

"When did he even get that brick..." Tsuna sweatdropped.

"Well, while you're finishing those questions, I guess I might as well finish some investigating..." Kirika said, taking out her laptop.

There was a glint in Reborn's eye. "Don't think that Tsuna and Hinata are the only ones who have work to do." He said. "You've all got your own share of questions, all according to what level you are." He gave the papers out.

"Lets see...." Gokudera muttered, looking at his paper as he bit into a cookie. He choked on it as he stared at the questions in disbelief. Kirika looked at them, expressionless. Yamamoto laughed nervously. "Ha...where did you get these questions from, kid?" He asked.

"An acquaintance of mine who teaches at a world renown university drafted them for me." Reborn replied. "Get to work, then."

"I don't even want to think what sort of horrors Reborn cooked up for them..." Hinata gulped. Gokudera and Kirika were always at the top of the class, and if the questions for her and Tsuna were this difficult....

"Arcobaleno, if you would be so kind to write down the name of this acquaintance of yours....." Kirika said, twitching as she glared at the paper. "I have something that I need to give him in return for this blasted set of questions..." She clenched her fist and grit her teeth. "These questions aren't even at high school standard..."

"I'm sure you'll figure out a way to do it." Reborn said, walking out of the room. "If you manage to finish at least all of the questions on one of those papers before I get back, I'll let you all go. Or, you'll all be stuck here till every single last one of those questions are answered correctly." The door closed shut behind him.

Hinata stood up."Gokudera and Kirika, you'd better finish one of those papers, ASAP!!" She yelled. "I don't wanna get stuck here forever!"

"Like I need you to tell me!" Gokudera said, already scanning though the questions on Tsuna's paper. Kirika yawned. "What's in it for me?" She asked. "I wouldn't mind staying the night here, the food is delicious."

"Two boxes of taiyaki!" Hinata said.

Kirika thought about it. "Ok." She said, taking a look at the paper Gokudera was holding. "Eh." She muttered. "That Reborn....is he trying to kill us all..."

Hinata walked over to sit next to Yamamoto. "Hey." She said. "How're your questions like?" She asked. He looked at her. "Take a look." He said. She glanced at it. "Wow. That is..." She shook her head. He sighed. "I know what you mean." He scratched the back of his neck.

"There!" Gokudera and Kirika shouted, slamming their pens on the table. The questions were all finished.

Reborn walked into the room and looked at the paper. "Hmm." He smiled. "Good."

"Yay!" Everyone cheered.

"You owe me taiyaki." Kirika said. Hinata nodded.

~~~

Later, at the taiyaki store, Hinata bought the boxes of taiyaki that she promised and gave them to Kirika. "As promised, two boxes of taiyaki." She said. Kirika nodded. "Thanks." She said, biting into a taiyaki.

There was the sound of someone running over. "LAMBO-SAN WANTS TAIYAKI TOO!!" Lambo shouted, leaping up and trying to snatch the taiyaki from Kirika. She didn't even blink, she simply moved the boxes away from his range, and he crashed onto the ground instead. "BWAAAA!!" He shrieked. "LAMBO-SAN WANTS TAIYAKI!!"

"Lambo! Did you follow us?!" Tsuna exclaimed.

Lambo looked at him. "Ne,ne, dame Tsuna, buy Lambo-san some taiyaki!!" He ordered.

"Damn. Cow. Brat!" Gokudera said angrily, boxing Lambo's ears. "Are you asking for a beating?!"

"Waaaah!! Bakadera! Let Lambo-san go!!" Lambo cried loudly, kicking. "Stupid tako head!"

"They're at it again, huh..." Yamamoto sighed.

"Yeah..." Hinata sighed. "It never changes between them." She looked at him. "Eh? You bought something?" She asked, looking at the container in his hand.

"Yeah." He said, giving it to her. She opened it. "Takoyaki!" She grinned. "Takeshi, you're an amazing boyfriend." She said, popping one into her mouth. "Mm, delicious!" She said.

Lambo's eyes lit up at the sight of the box in Hinata's hand. "TAKOYAKI!!!" He shouted excitedly. "LAMBO-SAN WANTS TAKOYAKI!!" He squirmed out of Gokudera's grip, leaping up to try and snatch the Takoyaki from Hinata.

"Hands off!" She said, punching him away from her. "Geez, you sure are one stupid cow..." She muttered.