LX

Rumors
"Each shared glance and fleeting touch told a story of love and loss."

Naomi's gaze lingered on the horizon as she took a welcomed break from their rigorous training

Naomi's gaze lingered on the horizon as she took a welcomed break from their rigorous training. They found a peaceful refuge beneath the wide canopy of an old tree, its sprawling branches providing a natural shelter from the sun. The air was filled with the soothing rustle of leaves, and a gentle breeze carried the subtle fragrance of nearby wildflowers.

In the midst of this idyllic scene, Naomi retrieved a pocket notebook and a pen, her hand gliding across the paper as she wrote. "Shika, when will my brother come back?" The dappled sunlight played on the ground beneath them, creating a serene atmosphere that enveloped their conversation.

Shikamaru, leaned back against the sturdy trunk, his eyes closing. "He should be training until the end of the year," he replied, "so there's still 5 months to go until he comes back." The tranquility in his words belied the anticipation that hung in the air, the distant murmur of a flowing stream added a melodic backdrop to their conversation, creating a serene ambiance under the watchful branches of the ancient tree.

Naomi closed her notebook, bringing it to her heart as she gazed upon its cover. The looming reality that her brother wouldn't be returning soon weighed heavily on her. As her thoughts swirled, another worry clouded her mind — the uncertainty of her own voice. Would it ever recover, or was she destined to stay mute forever?

In the quiet refuge beneath the ancient tree, she felt the weight of these concerns pressing down on her. The serene atmosphere that had enveloped them moments ago now seemed tinged with a touch of melancholy. Her gaze drifted to the distant horizon once again, lost in contemplation. Her unspoken fears echoed in the rustle of leaves and the soft murmur of the nearby stream.

"Nao," Shikamaru called to her before succumbing to the grasp of sleep. Naomi glanced toward his direction, anticipation flickering in her eyes. "I'm going on a mission tomorrow with Ino and Choji. It will take around a week for us to return." he let out a sigh of defeat. "Remember not to trust others easily, except for Sakura. You should not trust the others, no matter what."

Naomi tilt her head a bit, wanting Shikamaru to elaborate more "there are individuals who will unexpectedly want to bring you down. Stick with Sakura in the meantime, she's one of your true friend" he said in a protective voice, his words echoing with a sense of caution. The quietude of their surroundings seemed to amplify the weight of his advice, creating a cocoon of vulnerability beneath the ancient tree.

Naomi's eyes widened momentarily, her gaze reflecting a mixture of understanding and gratitude. However, that fleeting expression transformed into a warm smile as she swiftly opened her notebook and wrote, "It's okay; don't worry Shika, if Sakura is busy, I also have Neji." Shikamaru's eyes fluttered open to read her notes, and an immediate frown etched itself across his face. "No, Nao," he said, bringing himself to sit upright and gently hold Naomi's arm.