LV

Husband & Wife

After the soothing time at the hot springs, the group efficiently cleaned up and made their way to their respective rooms. The night unfolded uneventfully as they wearily settled into their beds. However, Naomi found herself unable to shake off the restlessness, her mind preoccupied with thoughts of Tsunade's offer. Seated pensively at the front of the room, she stared out into the night, the soft glow of the moon casting shadows on her contemplative expression.

"Having trouble sleeping?" Hinata whispered, delicately stepping out of the room to avoid disturbing the others. Naomi turned towards her, scooting over to give space for Hinata to join her. "I will give my answer to Tsunade tomorrow" Naomi confided, her eyes reflecting a mix of uncertainty and introspection. In response, Hinata smiled gently as she too stare at the moon that Naomi so fond of. "I believe you would be an excellent addition to the village."

Confused, Naomi leaned in a little closer, inquiring with a tilt of her head, "What do you mean?" Hinata, meeting her gaze, shifted from the moon to Naomi, her eyes expressing both sincerity and gratitude.

"Naomi, I'll always be thankful for the day you saved my life during Pain's assault. Your courage and sacrifice spoke volumes, showing the true hero within you. I know firsthand the impact you can have. Your kindness has already changed lives, including mine," Hinata explained. As she spoke, Hinata's eyes held a sincere and earnest gaze, underlining the depth of her belief in Naomi's ability to make a positive impact.

As Naomi absorbed Hinata's heartfelt words under the gentle moonlight, the weight of Tsunade's offer and the impact of her decisions seemed to momentarily lift. However, doubt proved stubborn, lingering within her mind and heart, fueled by the villagers' stares and mockery, and it somewhat terrified her.

"But no matter what, the villagers still see me as a monster. Their view of me hasn't changed, unlike my brother, who is now seen as a hero," Naomi admitted with a weak smile. She grappled with a bittersweet mixture of pride for her brother's accomplishments and a lingering sense of inadequacy for her perceived failures.

Hinata gently replied, her voice soft and understanding, "Naomi, change takes time. People might not see it now, but your actions and choices will shape their perceptions. Your brother's journey wasn't without challenges, and you're on a different path. Each step you take, each life you save, is a testament to who you are. Believe in yourself, and others will follow."

Naomi remained silent, and Hinata sensed her uncertainty. With a gentle touch, Hinata placed her hand on Naomi's shoulder and spoke reassuringly, "Naomi, Remember that we're here for you, no matter what you choose." Her voice was a soothing presence in the quiet night. With that, the lavender-eyed girl gently entered the room.

As Hinata made her way towards the door, she turned back to Naomi and shared a final piece of advice, "And if the day ever comes when you have to choose between love and the people, follow your heart. Who knows, you might be able to save both." Hinata's words carried a sense of understanding and a hint of optimism, leaving Naomi to ponder her thoughts in the tranquility of the moonlit night.