LIII

Jealousy

"He remained there, a silent guardian in the peaceful garden, watching over his slumbering friend as she found solace in dreams of the past."

The door suddenly swung open, and the boys quickly adjusted their sitting positions, their expressions shifting from anticipation to surprise.

"Sorry, I'm late," Kiba said, his face slightly flushed as Akamaru followed closely behind, its tail wagging happily. He scratched the back of his head sheepishly, a nervous habit of his.

"We were checking out the hot spring before coming here," Shino explained calmly as he, too, entered the room, his sunglasses concealing his eyes but his tone suggesting that he felt no need to rush.

"Aw, I thought you were the girls, dammit!" Naruto grumbled in annoyance, his brows furrowing and his hands clenched into fists.

Neji, maintaining his usual composed demeanor, remarked, "I see you've found the famous Hyuga clan hot spring," his tone laced with pride.

"Hey! Let's go to the hot spring after this then!" Lee exclaimed excitedly, his eyes shining with enthusiasm. He pumped his fist into the air, a typical reaction for him.

"Sure," Shikamaru replied lazily, slouching in his seat as he often did. Choji, meanwhile, remained in his helpless state, looking ravenous and helpless.

Sai chimed in with a blunt question that caught Kiba off guard. "You're not planning on peeking into the girls' section, are you, Kiba?" His stammering and flustered response made it seem like he was being dishonest, earning him furious glares from Neji and Naruto.

Naruto's outburst was filled with protective brotherly rage. "Don't you dare peek on my little sis, Kiba!" he shouted, his fists clenched so tightly that his knuckles turned white. Neji, on the other hand, scoffed at Kiba's behavior, his Byakugan-empowered eyes reflecting his disapproval "How inappropriate."

"I'm not peeking, dammit!" Kiba shouted in embarrassment, his face turning even redder under the scrutiny of Naruto's impending scolding. But before Naruto could unleash his brotherly wrath, the door swung open once more.

In walked the group of beautiful girls, each dressed in their elegant kimonos, their presence instantly capturing the attention of the boys. The room seemed to brighten with their arrival, and the atmosphere shifted from one of tension to a more relaxed and cheerful one.

"I'm sorry for our late entrance," Hinata said gracefully, her words causing Naruto to fluster. It was becoming increasingly evident to everyone, except perhaps Naruto and Hinata themselves, how fond they were of each other. Their interactions were often punctuated by blushes and shy glances, providing endless entertainment for their friends.

"I would suggest you gauge your eyes out if you insist on looking at Hinata-sama that way," Neji calmly advised as he sipped a glass of warm tea. His words were clearly directed at Naruto, who immediately averted his gaze. "I... I'm sorry!" Naruto apologized loudly, his face turning a bright shade of red.

The maids had prepared traditional Japanese pillows for them to sit on, along with short tables for each guest. The girls quickly took their seats, and Naomi found herself sitting beside Shikamaru and Naruto.

The food arrived one by one, presented by the maids with impeccable grace. Each dish was a work of art, a testament to the culinary skills of the Hyuga clan's kitchen. The delicate aromas and vibrant colors of the dishes filled the air, making everyone's mouths water in anticipation.

"Nao," Shikamaru greeted her warmly, offering a small, genuine smile.

"Shika" Naomi replied with a nod, a bittersweet smile playing on her lips. "What you said about going back to you... it seems like it happened sooner than later, huh?" She looked at him with a mixture of emotions in her eyes.