XXXIX

Grieves

"we shall always be together, even in death."

Alone in the forest, Naomi mourned for hours, her tears flowing freely until they were exhausted. With nothing left of Deidara but memories, Naomi chose to pay homage to her mentor in a unique way. She gathered a fragment of Deidara's kimono fabric, a piece that had miraculously survived the explosion, and carefully fashioned it into a makeshift memorial. It was a humble tribute to the artist's legacy, a promise that his precious art spirit would live on through her.

Naomi lingered in the forest until darkness gradually enveloped the sky, mirroring the heaviness in her heart. Despite the passage of time, she wasn't yet ready to rejoin the group. Seeking solace, she found herself beside a secluded pond nestled within the woods, its tranquil waters offering a comforting respite. As the moon's radiant glow spread its ethereal light across the pond's surface, Naomi's whisper finally broke the silence.

"Dei..." she uttered softly, the word carrying the weight of her grief. With the moon's brilliance reflected in the clear water, she continued, "The moon is full tonight... Can you see it too, Dei? It's beautiful." Gazing at her own reflection, she held a hairclip in her hand—a memento that sparkled resplendently in the moonlight, one that she decided to keep in his memory.

" Gazing at her own reflection, she held a hairclip in her hand—a memento that sparkled resplendently in the moonlight, one that she decided to keep in his memory

Clutching the hairpin close to her chest, Naomi felt as if a thousand swords had pierced her heart. The pain was unbearable, yet she remained numb, trapped in the abyss of her emotions. "You're so cruel... to just leave like that," she whispered, her words carrying a mix of sorrow and frustration. Her gaze remained fixed on the water's surface, her eyes reflecting a deep sadness.

Slowly, she placed the hairpin in her hair, securing it with a faint smile. The accessory held memories of a cherished bond, a connection that had been abruptly severed. As she stared at her reflection, memories of the moment he had given her the hairpin flooded her mind. She remembered his unwavering presence, his caring nature that had provided solace during her moments of grief. The pain of his absence felt insurmountable, yet in this quiet moment by the pond, she found a fleeting connection to the past.

Her fragile smile dissolved into tears, a cascade of emotions that could not be contained any longer. Memories of their joyful moments flooded her mind, but they only served as a painful reminder of what was lost.  "look at that, i thought that i've dried up all these tears.. i guess they will always be there for you" She wiped at her tears, her efforts in vain as they continued to stream down her cheeks. The moonlight reflected off the pond's surface, mirroring her heartache.

"i miss you, Dei.."The words hung in the air, heavy with the weight of her longing. Uttering those words felt like an admission of guilt, a confession of the promises she couldn't keep. She felt unworthy of speaking his name, of expressing the depth of her grief. She was guilty for she had chosen a different path, a choice that led her into Sasuke's arms and away from Deidara's while she had promised to stay with him.