XXXIV

Ice Bomb

"while mine is destructive, yours can be a new form of arts, one that actually stays forever."

After a well-needed rest, Naomi's energy had replenished, and she opened her eyes. However, she quickly shut them again as Deidara had opened the curtains in her room, allowing the sun to flood in. "Rise and shine, little raccoon! It's time to wake up!" he exclaimed cheerfully. Naomi was determined to avoid the sun's touch, so she clutched her blanket tightly and covered herself from head to toe. "Come on! I thought you had finally accepted the sun. It's already morning, and you need to wake up and train with me!" Deidara playfully tugged the blanket away from her, coaxing her out of her hiding.

Reluctantly, Naomi managed to pull herself out of bed and make her way to the living room. She was surprised to find that Deidara had prepared a simple breakfast. "I only have an egg and some bread. Eat up," he said, handing her a glass of brown liquid. Naomi accepted the meal gratefully and thanked him. Deidara sat in front of her, and a sense of warmth spread through her as she realized how much she appreciated his company and care.

They ate in silence, but it was a comfortable and contented one. The feeling of having someone look after her, accompany her, was something she had forgotten, and it was something that touched her lonely heart deeply.

"Deidara, how can I be your apprentice when I don't even have your Kekkei Genkai?" Naomi decided to break the silence by finally asking the question that had been lingering in her mind. Deidara blinked twice, his mischievous smile appearing. "Don't worry about that. I'll teach you the forbidden kinjutsu that I possess." Naomi looked at him suspiciously, her eyes moving from his eyes to his hand. "Does that kinjutsu create those on your hand?" She pointed at the mouths in his palm.

"Why, yes! Isn't it fascinating? Look! With these, you can create objects using your chakra!" Deidara brought his hand closer to Naomi's face, filled with excitement.

"Um, is there any other way to learn without having... those things?" Naomi tried not to offend Deidara, finding his hand a bit terrifying. She didn't want to have another set of mouths anywhere on her body. Deidara's expression fell as he took a step back, giving Naomi her needed personal space. "Well, I guess there is another way. Like any other Iwagakure member who doesn't have a kekkei genkai, you can start by creating your own set of special bombs." Naomi's eyes started to beam with curiosity about the so-called special bombs. "And how do I make those?"

Deidara's smile returned to his face, the spark in her eyes reigniting his enthusiasm. He took her drink and immediately led her to sit on the sofa together. Placing the glass on the table, he began, "Bombs are my specialty! There are also people without kekkei genkai in Iwagakure, and they manage to make explosives according to their own unique talents. So, every person may have their own techniques." Naomi's fascination never left Deidara's face for even a second.