XVII

Overprotective

"Go on, Nami," Sasuke said gently, his support evident in his tone.

"You can do it, Mi-chan!" Naruto whispered with enthusiasm.

Sakura, still a bit clueless about the situation, observed with curiosity.

After completing their missions, Naruto and Sasuke rallied to encourage Naomi to approach Kakashi about training her unique powers. Naomi took a deep breath and stepped forward, nervously addressing their sensei. "Um... Kakashi-sensei..." Sensing her distress, Kakashi closed his beloved book and tucked it into his pocket, fully focusing on her. "Is this about your powers, Naomi?" he asked, his attention keen.

Naomi nodded, her eyes reflecting a mixture of hope and anxiety as she gazed at her sensei. "Yes, Kakashi-sensei," she affirmed. Her voice was tinged with anticipation as she awaited his response.

"Don't worry about that," Kakashi reassured her, offering a comforting smile. "I've already informed Lord Hokage, and he's currently discussing how to effectively train your power with his research team. We're working on finding the best way to help you develop and control your abilities."

Naomi's become a bit impatient. "Well... how much longer will it take?" she questioned, her eagerness evident. Kakashi arched an eyebrow, observing her impatience. "Well, someone's eager," he commented before being interrupted by a Jonin's sudden arrival.

"Kakashi, a message from Lord Hokage," the Jonin informed him, handing over a brown envelope. Kakashi swiftly opened the envelope, causing his form to disappear in an instant.

"Well, well, Naomi, it seems like your prayers just got answered," Kakashi commented, sensing the good news. Excitement surged within her, and she bounded towards her sensei. Kakashi deftly caught her, his amusement evident. "Hey, hey, getting too excited, aren't we?" he chuckled. Naomi giggled and let her sensei go. "I'm sorry, sensei. I'm just too excited! So, with this training, I can finally catch up with the rest, right?" she asked, her hopeful doe eyes seeking confirmation.

"Hopefully, if you follow this training program without skipping," Kakashi replied. He delved into the specially arranged training program that the Hokage's team had prepared for Naomi. As he read, an intrigued smile played on his lips. "Fascinating," he murmured, caught up in his thoughts.

"Come on, Kakashi-sensei! Don't keep us in suspense!" Naruto groaned impatiently, his frustration evident.

Kakashi's iconic eye smile graced his face as he continued reading. "Wow, you two really are an impatient pair," he remarked, his tone light. "Okay, for now, I'll be in charge of helping Naomi conquer her power." Kakashi paused and his eyes widened. "Well, this is interesting."

Naruto's impatience only grew. "Come on, spill the beans, Kakashi-sensei! We don't have all day!" he exclaimed. Kakashi raised his hand and shoulders in a gesture of surrender. "Well, sorry. All I can share for now is that Naomi will be undergoing private training with me. The rest is confidential," he explained, his tone apologetic.

Naruto groaned in disappointment, and Sasuke's expression reflected his own unease. Both were visibly distressed by not knowing the details of Naomi's upcoming training. As they expressed their concern, Sakura chimed in with a well-articulated question. "Wait, is Naomi going to have more training with you, Kakashi-sensei?" she inquired, her tone indicating her disagreement with the situation. Kakashi glace at Sakura, waiting for her to eloborate further "I mean isn't that a bit unfair, we are currently on the same rank right? why should she be treated so special?" Sakura ask, her tone show no sign of resentment towards anyone, just a girl pointing out the unfair situation.