You're All I Have Left

To the right there was a room that contained control panels that opened up an electric door to the other side. They needed to proceed through that same door to get to Ada, but unfortunately there were complications. Each fuse box had what seemed to be electrical parts that looked like the pieces on a chess board. What's the problem, one might well ask. The problem is that you needed six pieces to proceed. There were only three in this room.

"Great....How fucking fantastic." Leon sighed, doing his best not to explode with anger. He just wants this night to end already. Why won't it end?

"Leon....Look." Katy noticed a piece of paper pinned to the cork board up ahead and read him what it said. Apparently the other pieces to the control panels were scattered around the sewer. Their job was to find them and put them where they belong.

"It seems as though we need to find the other chess pieces....Interesting." Katy read the paper very calmly, but Leon wasn't holding it together very well. He wanted to explode.

"I don't even know what the pieces to a fucking chess game look like."

"Well, luckily I do." Katy responded calmly, pinning the paper back to the cork board before she stood up straight and led the way out of this room. "There's a rook, a bishop, a knight, which also happens to be my favorite piece, a queen, and of course, the king."

"I know what the pieces are, I just don't know what they look like." Katy could sense he was getting more and more annoyed and frustrated with the situation, so, she decided to do something she almost never does.

Katy took a deep breath and led the way out of this room. If Leon wanted to take a break and allow her to take the reins, then that's what she's going to do. Leon was shocked at first when he saw her walk past him like a strutting cat, but he didn't say anything about it. Instead, he merely smirked. Her somewhat dominant attitude right now was really doing it for him.

She found a map on the wall which showed all of the different routes in the sewer, happily folded it and set it in her bag, and as Leon watched her he felt a sense of pride. He's always been the one to lead the way but now that she was doing his job, he was seeing a different side to her that he could really get used to being around.

"You really seem to know what you're doing, Angel." Leon complimented her with a slight nudge of his elbow as they walked through the generator rooms together. She seems very sure of herself. It was quite attractive.

"Trust me when I say, I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. I'm just following my gut instinct." Katy shrugged, pulling out the map so she could trace the way with her finger. It may seem like she's done this before, but she's literally just using common sense. She doesn't even know where she's going.

"Ah, so you're winging it?" Leon chuckled a bit. The major difference between Katy and Ada is the way they work. Ada really is skilled in everything she does due to her knowledge of several different topics, there isn't a mask she wears to pretend like she's in charge. She truly is in charge. Katy just uses common sense to get her through sticky situations. Her observant nature is how she figures things out and honestly, Leon admires both ways of doing things.

"Yeah, basically." Katy answered him without leaving her eyes from the map. She continued to trace the lines with her finger, pulled a lever down to make a walkway for them to cross, and after crossing she reloaded her gun and immediately turned left. Leon followed her like a lost puppy, she was walking so fast that he could barely catch up with her. Katy was all business right now, he's never seen her be so serious and sophisticated.

She continued to lead the way, finding a red T-handle which she gave to Leon to hold onto. The way she was acting right now seemed a little...rushed. Almost like her time was running out. He raised an eyebrow at her rushed demeanor and decided to try and calm her down. She was moving so fast paced, it was like watching a nervous chihuahua that just drank a gallon of espresso.